We provide assistance and advice about construction in Yarra
Where do I start?
You first need to check if you need a planning permit.
If you are building, renovating or changing the use of your property, you may need a planning permit, building permit and other permits issued under our local laws or Road Management Act 2004.
What kind of permits do I need?
There are several steps in the permit process. Learn more about the permit process here.
It is your responsibility to apply for and obtain the required permits prior to starting works. If you need a building permit, the Yarra Building Services team is proud to offer you a prompt and professional surveying and inspection service.
You can find out more information on the building permit application page or contact Yarra City Council on 9205 5555.
What are the working times for construction sites?
- Under local laws, working times for construction sites are 7am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 3pm Saturday.
- Where a planning permit has been issued for the proposed works, the Planning Permit conditions will dictate the permitted working hours.
- No works to be carried out on Good Friday, Anzac Day and Christmas Day.
- Normal working times apply on public holidays unless the times are restricted in the Planning Permit.
- For general maintenance work around the home, refer to EPA Residential Noise Regulations.
If you want to make a complaint about construction noise you can do it online and we will investigate.