Our current Councillors. L to R: Cr Amanda Stone, Cr James Searle, Cr Mi-Lin Chen Yi Mei, Cr Mike McEvoy, Cr Daniel Nguyen, Cr Misha Coleman (Deputy Mayor), Cr Danae Bosler (Mayor), Cr Jackie Fristacky. (Absent: Cr Stephen Jolly).
Yarra is represented by 9 Councillors who were elected on 22 October 2016 to serve the local community for the following 4 years.
Who is the current Mayor?
Cr Danae Bosler was elected Mayor for 2018/19 at a Special Council Meeting held on Tuesday 27 November 2018. (The Mayor is elected by the whole of Council, annually in November, during the 4 year cycle of Council).
Cr Misha Coleman was elected Deputy Mayor for 2018/19 at the same council meeting.
Who are my Councillors?
Yarra is divided into 3 geographic wards each ward is represented by 3 Councillors:
You can contact all 9 Councillors by email: Crs@yarracity.vic.gov.au
Nicholls ward is named after Pastor Sir Doug Nicholls, the revered sportsman, Aboriginal community leader and statesman who was associated with Fitzroy for many years.
The ward is made up of :
- Carlton North
- Princes Hill
- Clifton Hill (west of Wellington Street)
- Fitzroy North
- Fitzroy (north of Moor Street)
- Collingwood (the area bounded by Johnston, Wellington and Smith Streets and Alexandra Parade).
You can contact all 3 Nicholls ward Councillors by email: Nichollswardcouncillors@yarracity.vic.gov.au.
Langridge ward is named after George David Langridge, a prominent 19th century Mayor of Collingwood, Member of Parliament, Acting Premier and developer of low cost housing for workers through creating building societies.
The ward is made up of:
- Alphington (south of Heidelberg Road)
- Clifton Hill (east of Wellington Street)
- Collingwood (except for the area bounded by Johnston, Wellington and Smith Streets and Alexandra Parade)
- Fairfield (south of Heidelberg Road)
- Fitzroy (south of Moor Street)
- Richmond (the area bounded by Hoddle, Victoria, Lennox and Highett streets).
You can contact all 3 Langridge ward Councillors via email: Langridgewardcouncillors@yarracity.vic.gov.au
Melba ward is named after Dame Nellie Melba, the international opera singer, who grew up in Doonside in Richmond.
The ward is made up of:
- Richmond (except the area bounded by Hoddle, Victoria, Lennox and Highett streets).
You can contact all 3 Melba ward Councillors by email: Melbawardcouncillors@yarracity.vic.gov.au
For more information, call Yarra City Council on 9205 5555 or email email@example.com.