We offer a range of leisure and recreation opportunities including beautiful parks and gardens, picturesque areas along the Yarra River, bike and walking paths, sports grounds, 3 multi-functional leisure facilities with gymnasiums and pools and a 9-hole golf course.
With a network of over 230 hectares of open space, including 39 public playgrounds, skate parks, sporting ovals, river views and nature trails, there is plenty for you to explore.
- Parks and facilities
- Personal trainers permits
- Casual and school bookings (for sports grounds and facilities)
- Sports ground seasonal applications
- Sports participation sponsorship
- Active Yarra
Active Yarra Magazine
Every 6 months we publish Active Yarra. Active Yarra is a free magazine filled with:
- latest news
- profiles of active Yarra residents
- a comprehensive listing of upcoming activities, programs and events
- a directory of local sports clubs and organisations
For more information call Yarra City Council on 9205 5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where are the dog parks in Yarra?
Use our online parks directory to find dog friendly parks in Yarra. Make sure you check where are the off-leash and on-leash areas as each park is different.