How do I report a damaged or hazardous road, footpath, laneway or sign?
We manage the road and infrastructure in Yarra including:
- 260 kilometres of road pavement
- 491 kilometres of footpaths
- 491 kilometres of kerb and channel
- 170 kilometres of storm water pipes
- 85 kilometres of laneways
How do you manage and maintain Yarra's roads?
We have developed a plan for managing, maintaining and improving Yarra's local road networks.
Our road management plan sets goals and objectives to create a sustainable, safe and efficient transport system in partnership with the community.
The purpose of the road management plan is to document the standards and priorities for inspection, maintenance and repairs of the road network.
The plan outlines our responsibilities to ensure that roads and footpath are safe.
The road management plan includes:
- management system put in place by us to inspect, maintain and repair the public roads for which it is responsible
- description of those assets on public roads for which we are responsible
- standard, or target condition, at which those assets will be maintained by us
- a hierarchy for roads and footpaths to inform response times and effective maintenance and repair practices
- updating to the road register
A copy of the Register of Public Roads can be found here.
Where can I find laneways owned by Yarra?
You can find a map of laneways owned by Yarra here.
How do you manage traffic in Yarra?
Yarra has seen an increase in traffic in recent years, making road congestion one of the top issues affecting our residents.
We undertake a number of projects to improve traffic conditions on local streets and to improve safety and amenity of roads for all road users, including motorists, cyclists, pedestrians and public transport users.
How do you help keep the roads safe in Yarra?
You can read more about road safety online.
Where can I find standard drawings?
You can see Yarra's standard drawings here.
Where can I find information on heritage street signs?
You can find a list of all the heritage street signs here.