- Home and support services We have services to help you live independently in your own home.
- Join a community activity Find activities that are available for you in Yarra.
- Neighbourhood Houses and Learning Centres Mostly run by volunteers providing a variety of programs and activities for the local community.
Services and group activities for residents over 50 years of age
We are committed to the inclusion of residents over 50 years of age in community life. We support accessible and inclusive recreational and social activities to help achieve this goal across our community.
Social support and community participation in your neighbourhood
Maintaining friendships and participating in community activities is important for your health and wellbeing.
Local groups supported by us offer activities such as:
- strength and balance exercise
- board games
- table tennis
- arts and craft
- social gatherings
- life-long learning educational opportunities
- fines assistance
- wills and wishes assistance
- forms and advocacy assistance
Where can I go for activities in Yarra?
Our community hubs are located at:
- Collingwood Senior Hub - 4 Eddy Court, Collingwood
- Richmond Senior Hub - 3 Hosie Street, Richmond
- Bargoonga Nganjjn - North Fitzroy Library - 182 St Georges Road, North Fitzroy
- Willowview Centre - Find out more about our home and support services.
Each day of the week, activities are hosted by us and various community groups.
Find out about our community activities
The Community Transport service provides a regular bus service to eligible residents for various activities at local Neighbourhood Houses, Health Centres, Epworth Pool, Seniors Hubs in Collingwood and Richmond and local shopping centres.
Our friendly and professional drivers collect you from home in our accessible busses and drive you to and from your destination.
Our service operates 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
We can also hire a bus for your group to go on an outing or a trip to the country.
Community advocacy for residents over 50 years of age
This initiative was developed by us with the support of the Active Ageing Advisory Group.
The group collaborates with us and the community in raising awareness of ageing issues and promoting a Yarra culture that responds to the needs and aspirations of all older people. A key responsibility of the group is to oversight the implementation of the action plan.
For more information call Yarra City Council on 9205 5555 or email email@example.com.