COVID-19 and personal training permits
Due to Covid-19 stage 4 restrictions, City of Yarra is suspending all personal training permits effective 11:59pm 5 August 2020 when stage 4 business restrictions will apply.
This approach is based on the current level of emergency and restrictions, but this is subject to change and the change is at Council’s discretion, not reliant on any change by State or Federal Government.
Why do I need a personal training permit?
If you operate a personal training or commercial fitness group on public land such as parks, you must have a licence.
Ensure you have read the Personal Training Policy before you submit your application.
Key components of the temporary personal training permits are:
- Short-term (3 month) pro-rata PT permits ($77.55)
- Only Category A permits will be issued (up to 6 participants), noting Government and Fitness Australia restrictions on number of participants must be followed at all times
- Approved PT’s will receive a signed letter from Council and not the standard blue permit
- Minimising impact on local amenity and compliance with permit terms is paramount at all times
- Temporary PT permits may be cancelled at Council’s discretion
Also note the following terms and conditions (in addition to those within the Policy):
- Physical distancing measures are consistently applied, for PT activities Council recommends 2m (above mandated 1.5m)
- Strictly no team or paired activities
- Client consent has been obtained and participants are informed of the risks/benefits (as per usual consent processes)
- Risk management policy and procedures are up to date, accommodating changes to service environments and/or or risk profile
- Amplified sound permits are obtained via email@example.com if required (small Bluetooth speakers are allowed in Yarra as background music)
- Any equipment is thoroughly disinfected before and after each session and between individual use
- No equipment is shared
- Participants bring their own towels
- Insurance coverage includes off-site activities
- If sports club training/games is in session, use of the sports ground is not permitted