When do sportsgrounds need to be booked?
- Sportsgrounds are part of Yarra’s network of public open space. They are available for shared, informal community use outside of booking periods.
- Yarra’s community sport and recreation clubs utilise sportsgrounds after 4pm on weekdays and all day on the weekend. Exceptions may be observed due to a range of reasons, including maintenance periods and cancellations. Casual sportsground bookings are only available on weekdays between 7am and 4pm.
- A casual booking is required for any formal sport or recreational activity to take place.
- Booking requests will only be considered for sportsgrounds. Pavilions are not available for casual hire.
- Cricket nets do not require a booking. Outside of club allocations, these facilities are open to the public for shared access.
- Basketball courts do not require a booking. These facilities are always open to the public for shared access.
- Mayors Park Tennis Centre has individual booking requirements. Refer to ‘Book a Tennis Court’.
Before requesting a sportsground booking:
- All booking requests are subject to Council approval.
- A valid insurance policy (minimum $20 million public liability) is required for all casual sportsground bookings. The value of this policy is mandatory and there is no flexibility. Certificates of currency must be uploaded during the booking request process. Community groups requiring public liability insurance are encouraged to enquire online via http://www.localcommunityinsurance.com.au
- Browse Yarra's facilities to investigate what type of sportsgrounds are available within each park and what supporting facilities are available (such as public toilets).
- Booking requests can only be made a minimum of 5 days and maximum of 45 days prior to the planned event date. For major events requiring a longer lead time, visit plan an event.
- Citizens Park and George Knott Reserve are not available for casual bookings. Victoria Park has strictly limited availability.
- Bookings do not include any sport specific equipment such as goalpost pads, goal nets, corner flags, sirens or scoreboards. The hirer is to provide these if required. The only exception to this is Victoria Park where AFL goalpost pads are permanently in place.
- Bookings do not include any sport specific line markings. Hirers are prohibited from marking the ground and must consider temporary alternatives such as cones.
- Turf cricket pitches are not available for casual bookings.
- Sports lights are not available for casual bookings.
How to request a sportsground booking:
- Click on the 'book a sportsground' button to access Council’s booking system.
- Either register a new account or login using your account details.
- First time users will also need to register their organisation (link provided in welcome email upon account registration).
- After creating your organisation, click the home button near the top right of the screen to proceed with the booking request.
- Select ‘make a casual sports ground booking’ from the booking system menu.
- Follow the booking request process. You will receive an acknowledgment email upon completion. This is not confirmation of your booking. A Council Officer will review all booking requests prior to approving any booking.
How much does it cost?
Non Yarra based
Category A grounds
|$117.50 / hour||$28.95 / hour||$10.50 / hour||No charge|
Category B grounds
|$59.60 / hour||$16.65 / hour||$5.60 / hour|| No charge
|Victoria Park||$293.00 / hour||$86.80 / hour||$40.20 / hour||No charge|
|$117.00 / hour||$34.70 / hour||$27.80 / hour||$21.20 / hour|
|Stanton Street Hall||$117.00 / hour||$34.70 / hour||$27.80 / hour||$21.20 / hour|
|Tennis, netball court||$31.10 / hour||$15.55 / hour||$6.25 / hour||No charge|
Category A grounds
Category B grounds
Alfred Crescent Oval
If you need any help please feel welcome to contact us on 03 9205 5555 or email@example.com