Yarra's Disability Advisory Committee provides advice and support to us on how we can improve the wellbeing of people with disability and their carers.
For more than 20 years, the Disability Advisory Committee has played a pivotal role in making sure people with disability in Yarra have access to programs and services. The committee strives to ensure accessibility is front of mind when it comes to Council decision-making.
What does the committee do?
The committee may provide advice and be consulted on the following:
- The provision of forums for the discussion of contemporary issues affecting the well-being of people with disabilities and their carers;
- Any proposed strategies, programs, services and initiatives developed by all levels of Government and Non-Government Organisations to respond to access and inclusion issues;
- Community development initiatives across the City of Yarra;
- Systemic advocacy issues;
- Development, implementation and review of Council’s Access and Inclusion Policy and Strategy;
- Review of Council’s plans, strategies and policies;
- Accessible and inclusive Council services, programs and events;
- Council’s major capital works and infrastructure;
- Influence community attitude and perceptions
Who are the committee members?The following Councillors have been appointed to the committee for 2023:
In addition to the appointed Councillors, membership comprises 12 community members reflect the widest access and inclusion perspectives of people with a disability, and their families and carers.
Terms of reference
You can download and read the Disability Advisory Committee Terms of Reference
Summaries of the minutes of meetings of the Disability Advisory Committee are available for download below.
- 16 February 2021
- 9 March 2021
- 13 April 2021
- 11 May 2021
- 8 June 2021
- 13 July 2021
- 10 August 2021
- 14 September 2021
- 12 October 2021
- 14 December 2021
- 8 February 2022
- 15 March 2022
- 12 April 2022
- 17 May 2022
- 14 June 2022
- 19 July 2022
- 9 August 2022
- 20 September 2022
- 18 October 2022
- 29 November 2022
- 6 March 2023
- 3 April 2023
- 1 May 2023
Further minutes are uploaded to this page as they become available.