This page was last updated Friday 26 March 2021
COVID restrictions have eased further across Victoria (including the City of Yarra) from 6:00pm Friday 26 March 2021.
View changes to services
- Aged and disability services
- Customer service centres
- Leisure centres
- Sport and recreation
- Parks and playgrounds
- Gleadell Street Market
- Youth Services
- Business support
- Events and venues
- Family and children's services
- Recycling drop-off centre
- All other services
- Services are running as normal, with extra safety precautions.
- Call us on 03 9205 5555 if you need help with essential shopping assistance, free transport for COVID testing, or staying in touch.
- Our customer service centres at Collingwood Town Hall, Richmond Town Hall, Connie Benn Centre and Bargoonga Nganjin North Fitzroy Library are open from Thursday 18 February 2021.
- Please ensure you keep socially distanced and wash your hands if you’re visiting us. If you’re feeling unwell or have any COVID symptoms, stay home and get tested.
- Please use online services where possible.
- Yarra Libraries branches are open with individual capacity and density limits from Thursday 18 February 2021.
- Visit the Road to Reopen hub to get the latest service updates from Yarra Leisure, or
- Visit Yarra Leisure’s Road to Reopen for information about which centres and facilities are currently open.
- All community sport and recreation is open. For more information go to the Restricted Activity Directions.
Parks and playgrounds
- Yarra's playgrounds are open.
- Please remember to practice good hand hygiene, always wear a face mask and maintain physical distancing.
- The market is open every Saturday with capacity and density limits.
- Please follow any directions from market staff and on-site signage.
- Yarra Youth Services is operating as normal, with some additional COVIDSafe precautions.
- You can call us on 03 9426 1455, or visit us at the Yarra Youth Centre at 156 Napier Street, Fitzroy and the Richmond Youth Hub at 110 Elizabeth Street, Richmond.
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for all the latest news, and info on our programs and services.
- Visit our business page for the latest information.
- You can also contact our Economic Development team via email.
- Our venues are currently open – visit Yarra City Arts for up-to-date information.
- EOIs for major event permits are currently open. Visit Plan an Event for up-to-date information.
- Long day care services are open for all families.
- Face-to-face maternal and child health services are provided as normal with extra precautions in place.
- Our occasional care service is suspended until further notice.
- Some Yarra toy libraries have resumed services. Contact your local service for more information.
- Parent activity programs and all external programs at Connie Benn Centre are postponed until further notice.
- Supported playgroups will be operating in-person from Thursday 18 February.
- First-time parent groups will be operating in-person from Thursday 18 February.
- Our immunisation service is running as normal with extra precautions in place.
- The recycling drop-off centre at 168 Roseneath Street, Clifton Hill is open.
- The cardboard-only recycling drop-off point located at the Burnley Depot at 440 Burnley Street, Burnley is also open.
- Regular parking enforcement has recommenced across the City of Yarra.
- Please park legally at all times.
- Household waste and recycling collections, planning, building, animal management, and parking and traffic services operate as normal.
- There may be some ongoing delays to hard waste collection.