This page was last updated Friday 29 April 2022.
Read about how COVID-19 restrictions are impacting our services and facilities.
View changes to services
- Aged and disability services
- Customer service centres
- Leisure centres
- Sport and recreation
- Parks and playgrounds
- Gleadell Street Market
- Youth Services
- Business support
- Events and venues
- Family and children's services
- Kerbside waste collection and street sweeping
- All other services
- Yarra continues to provide all essential aged care and disability services, where it is safe to do so. For more advice on your personal situation call 9205 5285.
Yarra’s customer service centres at Collingwood Town Hall and Richmond Town Hall are open. Our other centres will remain closed until further notice.
You can also connect with us:
- Use our online forms to complete your transactions online. You can make a payment, book a hard rubbish or green waste collection online.
- Keep up to date with the latest news and subscribe to Yarra Life.
- You can also email email@example.com and we will respond to you as soon as possible.
- This email account is monitored Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm (excluding public holidays).
You can call us on weekdays between 8am and 5pm.
- Phone: 03 9205 5555
- Fax: 03 8417 6666
- Interpreter services: 03 9280 1940
To report a safety hazard after 5pm call 03 9205 5555 and follow the prompts
Looking for the latest news, events and places to visit in Yarra? Join the conversation by accessing our social media pages to like, share and comment on all that is happening in Yarra.
These channels are monitored weekdays between 8am and 5pm
National Relay Service
If you are deaf, hearing-impaired, or speech-impaired, we ask that you call us via the National Relay Service:
- TTY users phone 133 677, then ask for 03 9205 5555
- Speak & Listen users (speech-to-speech relay) phone 1300 555 727, then ask for 03 9205 5555
- Internet relay users connect to the National Relay Service and then ask for 03 9205 5555
- Yarra Libraries branches are open. Visit Yarra Libraries for branch-specific details.
- Our leisure centres and Burnley Golf Course is open.
- For more information head to the Road to Reopen and follow Yarra Leisure on social media.
- Community sport has resumed.
- Our parks and playgrounds are open.
- The market is open. Please follow all on-site directions.
- Yarra Youth Services is open and at full capacity.
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for all the latest news, and info on our programs and services.
- Visit our business page for the latest information.
- You can also contact our Economic Development team via email.
- Our venues are now open and at full capacity.
- Please refer to the Yarra City Arts page for all booking information.
Parents with children enrolled in our kindergarten and child care services will be contacted directly about any impacts from the current restrictions.
- We provide a free and convenient immunisation service for infants, children, adolescents and adults at various locations within the City of Yarra.
- Please check the immunisation clinic calendar on our website for locations, dates and times.
- Our recycling centre in Clifton Hill and cardboard-only recycling drop off centre at Burnley Depot are both open.
- Regular parking enforcement has recommenced across Yarra. Please park legally at all times.
Yarra City Council, like many businesses across Victoria, is experiencing increase pressure on some of our day to day services. As a result, residents and business may see some small changes or impacts to our services during this time.
Two areas which have experienced impacts are our kerbside waste collection and street sweeping services.
While we do not expect any cancellation of services, there may be some delays in collection or minor alterations in our regular schedule. We are working with our contractors to minimise these impacts and ensure all collections continue.
We are continuing to monitor the situation and will inform the community of any further impacts as quickly as possible.
If your bin has been missed please report the missed collection using this form.
- Planning, building, animal management, and parking and traffic services operate as normal. There may be some ongoing delays to hard waste collection.