This page was last updated Thursday 20 January 2022.
Read about how COVID-19 restrictions are impacting our services and facilities.
View changes to services
- Aged and disability services
- Customer service centres
- Leisure centres
- Sport and recreation
- Parks and playgrounds
- Gleadell Street Market
- Youth Services
- Business support
- Events and venues
- Family and children's services
- Maternal and Child Health
- Kerbside waste collection and street sweeping
- All other services
Yarra continues to provide all essential aged care and disability services, where it is safe to do so.
For more advice on your personal situation call 9205 5285.
Yarra’s customer service centres at Collingwood Town Hall and Richmond Town Hall are open. Our other centres will remain closed until further notice.
In line with Victorian Government requirements, all visitors to Council buildings will need to check in and provide proof that they are fully vaccinated, or a valid exemption.
You can also connect with us:
- Use our online forms to complete your transactions online. You can make a payment, book a hard rubbish or green waste collection online.
- Keep up to date with the latest news and subscribe to Yarra Life.
- You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to you as soon as possible.
- This email account is monitored Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm (excluding public holidays).
You can call us on weekdays between 8am and 5pm.
- Phone: 03 9205 5555
- Fax: 03 8417 6666
- Interpreter services: 03 9280 1940
To report a safety hazard after 5pm call 03 9205 5555 and follow the prompts
Looking for the latest news, events and places to visit in Yarra? Join the conversation by accessing our social media pages to like, share and comment on all that is happening in Yarra.
These channels are monitored weekdays between 8am and 5pm
National Relay Service
If you are deaf, hearing-impaired, or speech-impaired, we ask that you call us via the National Relay Service:
- TTY users phone 133 677, then ask for 03 9205 5555
- Speak & Listen users (speech-to-speech relay) phone 1300 555 727, then ask for 03 9205 5555
- Internet relay users connect to the National Relay Service and then ask for 03 9205 5555
- Yarra Libraries branches are open. Visit Yarra Libraries for branch-specific details.
- Burnley Golf Course is open.
- We're experiencing staff shortages caused by current COVID-19 testing and isolation requirements and some venues will be closed from 1pm Friday 21 January to Sunday 23 January. Find out more about these closures in our news item.
- For more information head to the Road to Reopen and follow Yarra Leisure on social media.
- Community sport has resumed.
- Our parks and playgrounds are open.
- The market is open. Masks must be worn at all times, practice physical distancing and follow all on-site directions.
- Yarra Youth Services is open, with additional COVID-safe precautions, including anyone aged over 16 providing evidence of double vaccination.
- The Richmond Youth Hub (110 Elizabeth Street, Richmond) is open for drop-in on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3pm to 6pm.
- The Yarra Youth Centre (156 Napier Street, Fitzroy) is open Tuesdays (3pm to 6pm) for drop-in, plus Wednesdays and Thursdays (3pm to 6pm) for group programs.
- You can call also us on 03 9426 1455 to make an appointment.
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for all the latest news, and info on our programs and services.
- If you, a friend or loved one need urgent support, call Triple Zero (000), Lifeline (13 11 14) or Kids Helpline (1800 551 800)
- Visit our business page for the latest information.
- You can also contact our Economic Development team via email.
- Face masks are mandatory indoors
- Our venues are now open at full capacities
- Attendees aged 18+ will need to check in via QR code and verify their vaccination status (or provide evidence of their medical exemption) to enter
- There are minimum notice periods for our venues of:
|8 weeks||Town hall venues|
|2 weeks||Community venues|
|1 week||Library meeting rooms|
Parents with children enrolled in our kindergarten and child care services will be contacted directly about any impacts from the current restrictions.
We provide a free and convenient immunisation service for infants, children, adolescents and adults at various locations within the City of Yarra. Please check the immunisation clinic calendar on our website for locations, dates and times.
During COVID-19 lockdown periods we are still able to see families in our MCH centres for appointments.
- Home Visits will occur in your local MCH centre.
- MCH Key Age & Stage consultations for young infants (four months and younger) will proceed face to face, conducted in alignment with our COVID safe plan.
- MCH Key Age & Stage consultations for children over 4 months of age will occur via phone/telehealth, with a short (15 minute) face to face appointment to occur afterwards for growth and developmental assessments.
- First Time Parent Groups and Parenting Information Sessions will continue online. Families will be notified via email.
Please follow these conditions of entry:
- Only one carer and the child booked for the appointment can attend during lockdown.
- Masks must be worn by all adults. Nurses will also be wearing eye protection, as per current advice from Department of Health.
- Before we can see you and your family for any face-to-face services, we will conduct screening to assess COVID risk. We will ask you if you have been at any Tier 1, 2 and 3 exposure sites.
You can find a list of exposure sites on the Department of Health website.
If you or your child(ren) are unwell, in any way, please do not attend the centre. Your appointment can be rescheduled, or attended via telehealth. Please call our MCH Bookings Line on 9205 5599 to make any changes.
- Our recycling centre in Clifton Hill and cardboard-only recycling drop off centre at Burnley Depot are both open.
- Regular parking enforcement has recommenced across Yarra. Please park legally at all times.
Yarra City Council, like many businesses across Victoria, is experiencing increase pressure on some of our day to day services. As a result, residents and business may see some small changes or impacts to our services during this time.
Two areas which have experienced impacts are our kerbside waste collection and street sweeping services.
While we do not expect any cancellation of services, there may be some delays in collection or minor alterations in our regular schedule. We are working with our contractors to minimise these impacts and ensure all collections continue.
We are continuing to monitor the situation and will inform the community of any further impacts as quickly as possible.
If your bin has been missed please report the missed collection using this form.
- Planning, building, animal management, and parking and traffic services operate as normal. There may be some ongoing delays to hard waste collection.