We hold regular immunisation sessions at various locations around Yarra.
Our immunisation services include:
- free immunisation of all National Immunisation Program vaccines
- school-aged immunisations for students in year 7
- annual corporate flu program for companies within Yarra
- advice and support for residents with vaccination-related enquiries
- adult immunisations
Upcoming immunisation sessions
We will be offering flu immunisations from Wednesday 1 May, 2019.
The cost of the flu vaccine is $15 per dose and we have EFTPOS facilities available.
Please download a consent form, complete it and bring with you to the immunisation session.
Information about influenza is available on betterhealth.vic.gov.au
Some people are eligible for a free flu vaccine:
- Children aged between 6 months and 5 years
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people over 6 months of age
- Adults aged 65 years and over
- People over the age of 6 months who have certain medical conditions which increase the risk of influenza disease complications e.g. severe asthma, lung or heart disease, low immunity or diabetes.
- Pregnant women at any stage during pregnancy.
Children are eligible for free vaccines, provided they have a Medicare card or are eligible for a Medicare card, and are Australian citizens, have permanent Australian visas or are asylum seekers or refugees.
"No jab no play" policy
Due to the introduction of the "no jab no play" policy there is a free vaccine catch-up program for children up to 19 years of age who may have missed any childhood vaccinations.
For more information go to the Department of Health website.
Vaccines available at cost
We administer the following vaccines to adults at the following costs:
- Chicken pox vaccine for $65 per dose
- Boostrix vaccine (diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis or whooping cough) for $40 or free for pregnant women and their partners from 28 weeks gestation
- Flu vaccine is available for $15 (available from April to September and free for some groups, see below)
- Hepatitis B vaccine is available for $35 per dose (3-dose course)
There is no cost for some adults to have the following vaccines:
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella). Free doses are available for women planning pregnancy and for women who have recently given birth but have low or negative rubella antibodies.
We hold records of vaccines administered by Yarra City Council. Records are not held for vaccinations given by other health providers. You can request your Yarra City Council Immunisation records.
Immunisation history statement
You can obtain a complete immunisation history statement from your myGov account or you can call Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) on 1800 653 809.
Immunisation status certificate
A school entry immunisation status certificate is an up-to-date record of your child's immunisations. It is a legal requirement to provide this on enrolment in primary school in Victoria.
In most cases you will receive this certificate automatically from AIR when your child has received their 4-year-old immunisation. It is mailed to your address that is registered with Medicare.
What if my child was immunised overseas?
You will need to contact us as we will need to sight the immunisation record of your child.
We can advise you of any vaccines that your child may have missed.
We will send the immunisation records to the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) who will then issue you a certificate for childcare or school.
For more information call Yarra City Council on 9205 5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.