We hold regular immunisation sessions at different places around the municipality.
Our immunisation services include:
- free immunisation of all National Immunisation Program vaccines
- school-aged immunisations for students in year 7
- school entry certificates
- annual corporate flu program for companies within Yarra
- advice and support for residents with vaccination-related enquiries
- adult immunisations
Immunisation sessions for 2018
We run immunisation sessions across Yarra throughout the year.
Bookings are not required and EFTPOS facilities are available.
Children are eligible for free vaccines, provided they have a Medicare card or are eligible for a Medicare card, and are Australian citizens, have permanent Australian visas or are asylum seekers or refugees.
"No jab no play" policy
Due to the introduction of the "no jab no play" policy there is a free vaccine catch-up program for children up to19 years of age who may have missed any childhood vaccinations.
For more information go to the Department of Health website.
Vaccines available at cost
We administer the following vaccines to adults at the following costs:
- Chicken pox vaccine for $65 per dose
- Boostrix vaccine (diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis or whooping cough) for $40 or free for pregnant women and their partners from 28 weeks gestation
- Flu vaccine is available for $15 (available from March to September and free for some groups)
- Hepatitis B vaccine is available for $35 per dose (3-dose course)
There is no cost for some adults to have the following vaccines:
- ADT (adult diphtheria, tetanus). A free booster dose is available for adults aged between 50 and 59 years
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella). Free doses are available for women planning pregnancy and for women who have recently given birth but have low or negative rubella antibodies
- Flu vaccine is free for anyone aged 6 months or older who has a condition that predisposes them to serious illness, Aboriginal people aged between 6 months and 5 years old, and aged 15 years or older, pregnant women and anyone aged 65 years or older
All of the vaccines are administered at our immunisation sessions.
We hold records of vaccines administered by Yarra City Council. Records are not held for vaccinations given by other health providers. You can request your Yarra City Council Immunisation records.
Immunisation history statement
You can obtain a complete immunisation history statement from your myGov account or you can call Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) on 1800 653 809.
Immunisation status certificate
A school entry immunisation status certificate is an up-to-date record of your child's immunisations. It is a legal requirement to provide this on enrolment in primary school in Victoria.
In most cases you will receive this certificate automatically from AIR when your child has received their 4-year-old immunisation. It is mailed to your address that is registered with Medicare.
What if my child was immunised overseas?
You will need to contact us as we will need to sight the immunisation record of your child.
We can then print you a certificate and advise you of any vaccines that your child may have missed.
For more information call Yarra City Council on 9205 5555 or email email@example.com.