Parking fines

Infringement notices (parking fines) are issued when a vehicle did not follow the parking restriction signs.

A parking ticket can be handed to you, left on your car's windscreen or be sent to you in the mail.

How do I pay my parking fine? 

Pay online

Pay now

You can also pay by:

  • phoning 1300 792 772
  • mailing a cheque to: Yarra City Council, PO Box 168, Richmond 3121
  • paying in person at one of our customer service centres

What happens if I don't pay the fine? 

You have 21 days to pay your fine. If you don't pay the infringement notice or contact us within 21 days then further action may be taken.

This may include additional costs, enforcement or legal action.

How do I appeal my parking fine?

Before appealing a parking fine, you should view the photos taken of your parking infringement.

You will need to provide the infringement number and vehicle registration number to view the photos.

View infringement photos online

You can request an internal review for your fine. Select the link below to find out more about how to appeal a parking fine.

appeal a parking fine

How do I nominate another person as the driver?

When you are not the driver and did not commit the offence, you can nominate another person.

Nominate another driver

What payment plan options are available?

A Payment Plan with us is an extension of time to pay. The outstanding amount needs to be paid in full by the agreed date and cannot be paid via instalments. 

You will be automatically offered a payment plan if you are in receipt of any one of the following:

  • a Commonwealth Government (Centrelink) Pensioner Concession Card
  • a Department of Veterans’ Affairs Pensioner Concession Card or Gold Card
  • a Centrelink Health Care Card (all types including non-means tested).

We can issue you with a payment plan if you fit the criteria set out by the Attorney-General’s Guidelines.

Request an extension of time to pay 

Fines Victoria

You may also be eligible for a payment arrangement with Fines Victoria. As of December 31, 2017 payment plans are also available to companies.

The Work and Development Permit scheme is a new initiative to provide vulnerable and disadvantaged people with a non-financial option to address their fine debt. Visit the Fines Victoria website for more information. 

Why do you have parking regulations?

Parking regulations are designed to maintain safety and ensure shared access to parking spaces in areas where there is high demand.

All licensed motor vehicle drivers are expected to know the road rules that apply on Victorian roads and in carparks. Parking fines or infringements are issued to owners of vehicles that do not adhere to parking restrictions.

Body-worn cameras

Our Compliance and Parking service officers will now be wearing body-worn cameras. The camera is attached to the officer’s uniform and is clearly visible to everyone.

Body-worn cameras are another tool we can use to improve community trust, accountability and transparency.  Footage from the cameras may assist with prosecution cases or when reviewing a community members complaint against an officer.  The body worn cameras will also provide additional safety for our officers.

For further information on body worn cameras, please see our  Standard Operating Procedure BWC.

If you believe one of our officers has inappropriately used a body-worn camera, you can contact the Manager of Compliance & Parking Services on 9205 5555 or email [email protected].

More information

Call us on 03 9205 5555 or email [email protected].