The Rainbow Advisory Committee provides information, support and advice, and a mechanism for communication and consultation between LGBTIQA+ communities and Council, on issues affecting the LGBTIQA+ community.
What does the committee do?
The Rainbow Advisory Committee:
- advises on the implementation of the Yarra LGBTIQA+ Strategy 2021-2024 and subsequent strategies
- provides feedback to Council on policies, plans and services that impact the LGBTIQA+ community
- provides information and strategic advice to Council on matters affecting the needs, interests and well-being of the LGBTIQA+ community
- advises Council on its communication, engagement and consultation with the LGBTIQA+ community, and facilitate communication and consultation processes with the LGBTIQA+ community
- acts as a conduit for the exchange of information and views between community, Council and other representative bodies on issues affecting the LGBTIQA+ community
Who are the committee members?
The following Councillors were appointed to the Committee in November 2021 for a one year term:
- Cr Edward Crossland
- Cr Gabrielle de Vietri (on leave)
In addition to the appointed Councillors, the membership includes fourteen community members, including at least two representatives from community organisations that support Yarra’s LGBTIQA+ community and at least two representatives from Yarra’s LGBTIQA+ business community.
Terms of reference
You can download and read the Rainbow Advisory Committee Terms of Reference