The Rainbow Advisory Committee provides information, support and advice, and a mechanism for communication and consultation between LGBTIQA+ communities and Council on issues affecting the LGBTIQA+ community.
What does the committee do?
The Rainbow Advisory Committee:
- advises on the implementation of the Yarra LGBTIQA+ Strategy 2021-2024 (PDF 16MB) and subsequent strategies
- provides feedback to Council on policies, plans and services that impact the LGBTIQA+ community
- provides information and strategic advice to Council on matters affecting the needs, interests and well-being of the LGBTIQA+ community
- advises Council on its communication, engagement and consultation with the LGBTIQA+ community, and facilitate communication and consultation processes with the LGBTIQA+ community
- acts as a conduit for the exchange of information and views between community, Council and other representative bodies on issues affecting the LGBTIQA+ community
- attends Yarra LGBTIQA+ community events where possible
Who are the committee members?
The following Councillors have been appointed to the committee for 2023:
- Cr Edward Crossland
- Cr Bridgid O’Brien
In addition to the appointed Councillors, the membership includes up to fourteen community members, including at least two representatives from community organisations that support Yarra’s LGBTIQA+ community and at least two representatives from Yarra’s LGBTIQA+ business community.
Terms of reference
You can download and read the Rainbow Advisory Committee Terms of Reference (PDF 129kB).
Minutes of meetings of the Rainbow Advisory Committee are available for download below.
- 25 October 2021 (PDF 81kB).
- 7 February 2022 (PDF 86kB).
- 4 April 2022 (PDF 83kB).
- 6 June 2022 (PDF 83kB).
- 1 August 2022 (PDF 82kB).
- 3 October 2022 (PDF 84kB).
- 20 March 2023 (PDF 84kB.)
- 10 July 2023 (PDF 128kB).
- 18 September 2023 (PDF 139kB).
Further minutes are uploaded to this page as they become available.