An Out of Hours Permit is required to work on building sites outside the normal permitted times. These times are regulated by:
1. General Local Law 2016 allows work as follows:
- Monday to Friday - 7.00am to 6.00pm
- Saturday - 9.00am to 3.00pm
- Sunday, ANZAC Day, Christmas Day and Good Friday - no work permitted
- All other public holidays, normal times apply unless stipulated in planning permit conditions.
2. Planning permit conditions
Where a planning permit has been issued for the proposed works, the planning permit conditions will dictate the permitted working
How do I apply for an out of hours permit?
You must notify surrounding residents (within a 100m radius) of your intention to work out of hours 7 days prior to works.
A template for this notification can be found here.
How much does an out of hours permit cost?
Permit Fee - $171.90
Inspection Fee - $439.20 per day