An Out of Hours Permit is required to work on building sites outside normal permitted times. Out of hours permits can be granted for works such as large concrete pours and tower crane erection/dismantling.
Normal working hours as approved by council are regulated by:
1. General Local Law 2016 and allows work as follows:
- Monday to Friday - 7.00am to 6.00pm
- Saturday - 9.00am to 3.00pm
- Sunday, ANZAC Day, Christmas Day and Good Friday - no work permitted
- All other public holidays, normal times apply unless stipulated in planning permit conditions.
2. Planning permit conditions
Where a planning permit has been issued for the proposed works, the planning permit conditions will dictate the permitted working hours.
Should your working times not meet the above criteria you must apply for an out of hours permit.
How do I apply for an out of hours permit?
You must notify surrounding residents (within a 100m radius) of your intention to work out of hours 7 days prior to works.
A template for this notification can be found here.
How much does an out of hours permit cost?
Permit Fee - $175.75
Inspection Fee - $449.10 per day