A Construction Management Plan (CMP) is required for large or difficult to build developments. You will need to submit a CMP if it is listed as a condition in your Planning Permit.
Why do I need a Construction Management Plan?
Large construction sites can impact onresidents and local business. A CMP helps address how works will take place and is assessed to reduce possible impacts. This document is prepared prior to commencement of any works.
You must submit your CMP application online using the CMP form and attach the requested documents. If approved, this will become your endorsed CMP.
Prior to submitting a CMP for assessment please contact Council on 03 9205 5555 to arrange a meeting with Council's Assessment Officer. At this meeting we will discuss the requirements prior to submitting your application. This will help streamline the application process as well as granting you access to our online submission system (for CMP's)
An overview of the CMP process is available to assist you with understanding our requirements. It explains the process from start to finish and the different permit applications, meetings, site inspections and notifications required.
Formatting of your application should be in 1 document. Complete each page/section and attach the supporting documents behind this. If you require further explanation, please contact Council on 03 9205 5555
How do I apply?
- Prior to submitting your completed CMP application please arrange a meeting with Council’s Assessment officer. At this meeting access for online submissions will be arranged and assistance with initial questions and formatting requirements can be provided.
- Download the CMP form. Complete and save to your hard drive to upload when submitting your application. You can only upload PDF, JPEG, JPG documents with a maximum file size of 30MB for each attachment.
- Read our user guide to help with submitting your online application and resetting your password. If your online account has not been set up, contact Construction Management Support Unit on 9205 5555.
- Once online access has been created - Click here to submit your application online.
- You will receive acknowledgement of your lodgment containing your CMP application number. This number should be used for all future correspondence.
You will be notified once an initial assessment has been completed.
How long will my application take to process?
Please allow a minimum lead time of at least 1 month for processing to ensure you have sufficient time to respond to any further information requests which may arise.
You can expect to have an initial response within 5 business days from when all required documentation has been supplied and is satisfactory.
It is important to note that CMP applications may require referrals to internal departments depending on the location of your site and the type of work being undertaken.
What information do I include in a Construction Management Plan?
The information you are required to provide in a CMP will be requested in the application form. All information must be supplied.
What is the process to amend my endorsed Construction Management Plan?
You must apply for a secondary consent with our planning department and submit the following information.
- A covering letter requesting the secondary consent amendment
- The key reasons for the changes
- 2 hard copies of the CMP documents.
- Payment of $525. This can be by cheque or credit card details over the phone.
- This application is a 4-6 week process
- For further information refer to Change extend planning application factsheet.
If you have any further questions contact us on 9205 5555.