A Construction Management Plan (CMP) is needed for large or difficult to build developments. You will need to submit a CMP if it is listed as a condition in your Planning Permit.
Why do I need a Construction Management Plan?
Large construction sites can impact residents and local business. A CMP helps address how works will take place and is assessed to reduce possible impacts. This document is prepared prior to commencement of any works.
From the 1st January 2019, you must submit your CMP application online using the new CMP form and attach the requested documents. If approved, this will become your endorsed CMP.
Prior to submitting a CMP for assessment please contact Council on 03 9205 5555 to arrange a meeting with Council's assessment Officer. At the meeting we will discuss the requirements prior to submitting your application which will help streamline the application process as well as granting you access to our online submission system (for CMP's)
We have an overview of the CMP process available to assist you with understanding our requirements upfront. It explains the process from start to finish and the different permit applications, meetings, site inspections and notifications required.
Formatting of full application should be in 1 document. The application form will become the various sections of your overall application. For Example: Complete each page/section and attach the supporting documents behind this and so on. If you need further explanation, please contact Council on 03 9205 5555
How do I apply?
- Prior to submitting completed CMP application please arrange meeting with Council’s Assessment officer – who will arrange access for online submissions and assist in any initial queries and formatting requirement
- Download the CMP form. Complete and save to your hard drive to upload when submitting your application. You can only upload PDF, JPEG, JPG documents with a maximum file size of 30MB for each attachment.
- Read our user guide to help with submitting an online application and resetting your password. If your online account has not been set up, contact Construction Management Support Unit on 9205 5555.
- Once online access has been created - Click here to submit your application online.
- You will receive an application number immediately and it will be sent directly to the CMP assessment officer for processing.
You will be notified once an initial assessment has been completed.
How long will my application take to process?
Please allow a minimum lead time of at least 1 month for processing to ensure you have sufficient time to respond to any further information requests which may arise.
You can expect to have an initial response within 3 business days from when all required documentation has been supplied and is satisfactory. Your initial response will give you an indication as to how long the assessment process may take from start to final approval.
It is important to note that CMP applications may require referrals to internal departments depending on the site and type of work being undertaken.
What information do I include in a Construction Management Plan?
The information you need to provide in a CMP will be specific to your development, refer to the CMP form.
What is the process to amend my endorsed Construction Management Plan?
You will need to apply for a secondary consent with the planning department and submit the following information.
- A covering letter requesting the secondary consent amendment
- The key reasons for the changes
- 2 hard copies of the CMP documents.
- Payment of $525. This can be by cheque or credit card details over the phone.
- This application is a 4-6 week process
- For further information refer to Change extend planning application factsheet.
If you have any further questions contact us on 9205 5555.