A fun new playground opens in Alphington
Friday 16 December 2022
Yarra City Council officially opened the Alphington Park Playground today in a fun, family-friendly launch.
Alphington locals joined the councillors and Mayor for a coffee at the local park.
Yarra City Council Mayor Cr. Claudia Nguyen said it was great to see the community enjoy a new playground.
“We consulted with the community back in 2020 about what was important to them in the design.”
“The community shared their ideas with us, better shading, more swings and accessible play equipment. We are delighted to deliver this project which has incorporated the feedback of the local community.”
“It is essential that our open spaces are designed to include features which are safe and inclusive for people of all abilities”.
The playground features:
- A double swing set with a single swing and 'expression' swing seat - allowing parents and infants to swing together.
- A softball rubber surface to provide safe and easy access to all play items.
- A multi-play tower with tiered platforms, climbing features, a variety of slides and monkey bars.
- An accessible spinner with easy access for all abilities.
- A shade sail over the play structure. The surrounding mature trees will also provide shade to the play area.
Yarra City Council invested $259,000 towards the new Alphington Park Playground.
The Alphington Park Playground was supported by the Victorian Government through the Suburban Parks Program.
Find out more about Alphington Park.