Rediscover Yarra! Outdoor dining to be extended this summer
Friday 02 October 2020
We’re working with local businesses to make outdoor dining safe and accessible in Yarra, as we move towards eased COVID-19 restrictions and warmer weather.
Following on from the Victorian Government’s Outdoor Eating and Entertainment Package, hospitality businesses in Yarra can now apply to access extended dining space.
How does it work?
There are a range of options for businesses, including:
- Apply to use the footpath space in front of neighbouring properties
- Apply to use the on-street car parking bay(s) directly outside your business
- Apply to occupy space in laneways and side streets
- Apply to use council-owned outdoor land (such as parks or gardens)
- Apply to use outdoor private property (such as a carpark on your property)
When do applications open?
Applications are open from Friday 2 October 2020.
How do I apply?
Guidelines and an online application form are available on the Extend Your Outdoor Dining page on our website.
How much does it cost?
It’s free! We will not be charging any application fees.
For more information, contact our Economic Development team on 9205 5555 or email email@example.com