Park Grove and Burnley Park works
Thursday 11 July 2019
We are proposing to make some changes along the edge of Park Grove and Burnley Park.
The works aim to make it easier and safer for people parking on the east side of Park Grove to access their car.
You are welcome to provide feedback on the proposal until Friday 2 August.
What are the changes?
We are proposing to:
- Remove the existing chain mesh fence.
- Install a new bluestone kerb edge along the east side of Park Grove.
- Install a new post and rail fence 1 metre further into the park.
- Twenty three trees are proposed to be removed to allow for these works to take place. Many of these are trees that have died or are in poor health. Care will be taken around significant trees to ensure their ongoing health.
- Carry out replacement planting in the park for the removals. Replacement plants, including trees, will be indigenous to the area and include plants of local seed provenance.
For more information you can view a plan showing the proposed changes.
If we decide to progress with the project, a planning permit will be required for the removal of the trees. The planning permit application will be publicly advertised and you will be able to make a submission to support or object to the planning permit.
Have your say
You are welcome to have your say on this proposal. Please send us your feedback by Friday 2 August.
Email – email@example.com (Attention: Open Space)
Post – PO Box 168 Richmond VIC 3121
Call – Kevin Ayrey, Landscape Architect, on 9205 5555