The Multicultural Advisory Group provides a structure for on-going communication and consultation between multicultural communities and Yarra City Council across a broad range of issues impacting on those communities.
What does the committee do?
The Multicultural Advisory Group:
- provides feedback on the implementation of the Multicultural Partnerships Plan 2019-2023
- provides feedback and advice to Council on its policies, plans and services that impact multicultural communities.
- considers and provides advice on key Government initiatives, programs and reviews.
- advocates on behalf of multicultural communities.
- shares information and resources between community groups and their representatives.
- assists Council to promote the benefits of cultural diversity within the Yarra municipality and beyond.
- provides advice to Council with its communication, engagement and consultation with multicultural communities.
Who are the committee members?
The following Councillor has been appointed to the committee for 2023:
In addition to the appointed Councillor, the committee has an open membership and welcomes participation from:
- any member of Yarra’s culturally religiously and linguistically diverse community
- community organisations, agencies and service providers who have a focus on provision of services to multicultural communities in Yarra
- community groups in Yarra
Terms of reference
You can download and read the Multicultural Advisory Group terms of reference (PDF 126kB).
Minutes of meetings of the Multicultural Advisory Group are available for download below.
- 4 March 2021 (PDF 226kB).
- 11 May 2021 (PDF 157kB)
- 12 August 2021 (PDF 180kB).
- 18 November 2021 (PDF 206kB).
- 8 March 2022 (PDF 199kB).
- 4 May 2022 (PDF 242kB).
- 2 August 2022 (PDF 231kB).
- 22 March 2023 (PDF 149kB).
- 21 June 2023 (PDF 665kB).
Further minutes are uploaded to this page as they become available.