The Multicultural Advisory Group provides a structure for on-going communication and consultation between multicultural communities and Yarra City Council across a broad range of issues impacting on those communities.
What does the committee do?
The Multicultural Advisory Group:
- provides feedback on the implementation of the Multicultural Partnerships Plan 2019-2023
- provides feedback and advice to Council on its policies, plans and services that impact multicultural communities.
- considers and provides advice on key Government initiatives, programs and reviews.
- advocates on behalf of multicultural communities.
- shares information and resources between community groups and their representatives.
- assists Council to promote the benefits of cultural diversity within the Yarra municipality and beyond.
- provides advice to Council with its communication, engagement and consultation with multicultural communities..
Who are the committee members?
The following Councillor was appointed to the committee in November 2020 for a one year term:
In addition to the appointed Councillor, the committee has an open membership and welcomes participation from:
- any member of Yarra’s culturally religiously and linguistically diverse community
- community organisations, agencies and service providers who have a focus on provision of services to multicultural communities in Yarra
- community groups in Yarra
Terms of reference
You can download and read the Multicultural Advisory Group terms of reference.