The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is funded by the Commonwealth Government and looked after by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA).
If you have a disability, you, your family and carers have control over how, when and where your funding is spent. The NDIA will work with you, to make sure you have support in place to meet your goals.
Am I eligible for the NDIS?
To be eligible for the NDIS, you will:
- have a permanent and significant disability that significantly affects your ability to take part in everyday activities.
- be aged less than 65 when you first access the scheme.
- be an Australian citizen, live in Australia and hold a permanent visa or hold a Protected Special Category Visa.
For more information on eligibility, use the access checker on the NDIS website.
How do I access the NDIS in my local area?
The Brotherhood of St Laurence (BSL) is delivering the NDIS in North East Melbourne.
You can contact the BSL NDIS team:
- Phone: 1300 BSLNDIS (1300 275 634)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or visit one of their offices during business hours:
- Yarra - 95 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy
- Banyule and Nillumbik - 65 Main Street, Greensborough
- Darebin - 293 High Street, Preston
- Whittlesea - 1/1 Latitude Drive, Thomastown
NDIS Easy English fact sheets for participants
NDIS Victoria Participant Information Pack
NDIS Loop Project
NDIS News and Advocacy
Complaints with NDIS Services
NDIS Frequently Asked Questions