The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is funded by the Commonwealth Government and looked after by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA).
If you have a disability, you, your family and carers have control over how, when and where your funding is spent. The NDIA will work with you, to make sure you have support in place to meet your goals.
Am I eligible for the NDIS?
To be eligible for the NDIS, you will:
- have a permanent and significant disability that significantly affects your ability to take part in everyday activities.
- be aged less than 65 when you first access the scheme.
- be an Australian citizen, live in Australia and hold a permanent visa or hold a Protected Special Category Visa.
For more information on eligibility check the NDIS website.
How do I access the NDIS in my local area?
You can contact the BSL NDIS team:
- Phone: 1300 BSLNDIS (1300 275 634)
- Email: NDIS.Info@bsl.org.au
NDIS News and Advocacy
Australian Federation of Disability Organisations developed ‘Disability Loop’ to be the ‘go to’ place for NDIS news, information, resources and events.
Every Australian Counts is the grass roots campaign that fought for the introduction of the NDIS and won.
Making a complaint or lodging an appeal
' Let's talk about work' Webinar delivers information and insights about how NDIS participants can include employment supports in their plans.