Resolutions and other motions from this week’s Council Meeting - Tuesday 12 September 2023
Thursday 14 September 2023
At Tuesday night’s Council Meeting, Council endorsed:
- The draft Transport Action Plan for community consultation, outlining Yarra's transport vision for the next decade.
- The draft Financial Sustainability Strategy for community consultation. The final strategy will be presented to Council in November 2023 for consideration, and the community engagement approach will inform Council’s service review principles.
- The universal Food Organics and Garden Organics (FOGO) service across Yarra from July 2024, with costs of collection and processing forming part of the waste charge, and FOGO bin purchases procured through Council’s capital works program.
- The reconvening of the Amendment C286yara Planning Panel hearing and the adoption of a public open space contribution rate of 8.67%.
- The advocacy for amending electric line clearance regulations in 2025 to retain trees and tree canopy, especially in low bushfire areas like Yarra.
- The acknowledgement of the Richmond Youth Hub's success and the strategic advocacy for its long-term funding and support from the Victorian Government.
Council heard the following reports:
- Governance Report - September 2023
- 2022/23 Annual Plan Progress Report - June 2023
Notices of Motion:
- Council reaffirmed safety measures for e-scooters and provided in-principal support for their ongoing operation in Yarra, contingent on local government control and safety standards. The CEO was authorised to enter future agreements regarding e-scooter operations post-trial.
Other agenda items and more details about the above items can be viewed in the Council Meeting minutes, available online from Friday 15 September.