The Community Kindness Directory
Monday 23 March 2020
Now more than ever, we need to work together, stay connected and be kind.
We know that many of you may be feeling lonely and overwhelmed and we want to remind you of the importance of asking for help and the power of compassion. To help you receive or give support, we’ve compiled a list of community networks, charities and groups that are doing amazing work in our community and beyond.
Online community groups
- Love Your Neighbour Melbourne
- Northside Melbourne Coronavirus Outreach
- Melbourne - COVID-19/Corona Virus - Mutual Aid
Charitable organisations that could do with some help
Meals and home support
Other very important organisations
General kindness and compassion tips
- Pick up the phone and call someone who you think may be feeling lonely or scared.
- Go for a walk in nature and enjoy the sunshine and fresh air.
- Support a small business by purchasing a gift voucher for when we gain some normality again, grab some take-home meals or a coffee – take a look at our small business support page.
- Be kind and patient with people who are working on the frontline (petrol stations, supermarkets, medical facilities and chemists).
- Take this time to learn a new craft, do some art, practice yoga or get cracking on that novel you’ve been meaning to write.
- Switch off the news when it all feels too much.
- Offer to do the shopping or cook a meal for someone who is having a hard time.
- Have a virtual Friday night catch up with your mates, play board games, chat about what you’ve been doing or just watch TV together!