Mayor's Park Tennis and Netball Centre update
Friday 07 June 2019
Yarra Council will be taking over the management of Mayor’s Park Tennis and Netball Centre, effective from 23 August 2019.
The decision comes following a review of the current arrangements, including consultation with nearly 130 club representatives, members, casual users and locals about what they value about Mayor’s Park, and what could be improved.
Why the change?
• The current contract for management of the facility expires in August, 2019;
• benchmarking with tennis facilities throughout Victoria indicated that the current management model is unique for a six-court facility;
• the booking process and court access were raised as key issues during community consultation, indicating the need for an improved booking system;
• this model allows Council to manage service providers directly rather than going through a third party.
How will this impact facility users?
• We are also pleased to announce that Tennis Australia’s Book a Court system will be installed to improve court access and create a simpler process for booking;
• Council officers will undertake management responsibilities and work with key user groups to ensure continuity of services;
• all community programs will continue as normal during the transition;
• tennis coaching will continue as normal until the beginning of term 4, 2019;
• the process to determine the tennis coaching offered from term 4 will occur in the coming months;
• re-structured tennis programs and coaching services are currently being developed to reflect the needs of the community.
More details on facility management will be provided over the coming months.
If you have any questions, please contact Trent Carpenter, Sports Development Officer, on 9205 5555 or firstname.lastname@example.org