Reminder: It's illegal to sell or lease parking permits
Tuesday 12 February 2019
Did you know, it's illegal to sell. give away or rent parking permits in Yarra?
It is also an offence to accept and use a permit if you are not the permit holder or a legitimate visitor.
Under the General Local Law, it is an offence to:
- sell, give away or rent a parking permit
- accept or use a parking permit where you are not the permit holder or a legitimate visitor using a visitor parking permit
- forging or counterfeiting a parking permit
- distributing a forged or counterfeit parking permit
- accepting or using a forged or counterfeit parking permit
Penalty of these offences can carry a fine of $500. Your current permits may also be cancelled and you may be unable to apply for permits in the future.
We manage parking in Yarra to optimise residents' access to their homes. We try to accommodate the parking needs of residents, visitors and businesses in a manner that is open and clear, while promoting sustainable transport solutions.
Read more about parking permits in Yarra.
To report the illegal sale or use of parking permits in Yarra, contact us on 9205 5555 or email email@example.com.