Sunday 18 August 2019
Join us at our first ever Pride Night at Collingwood Leisure Centre on Sunday 18 August from 6.30pm to 9.30pm. Pride Night is an inclusive gym and swim night for the LGBTIQ+ community and their allies.
It is a place where inclusion, diversity and uniqueness will be welcomed, respected and celebrated.
We're offering a range of activities, including:
- yoga class
- aqua class
- learn to float classes
- an inflatable pool obstacle course
You'll also have full access to the:
- 25m pool
- LTS pool
- spa and sauna
- chill out zone
We will be offering free snacks and refreshments throughout the night.
Please register your interest online via Facebook. Entry to Pride Night will be free for members and City of Yarra age pensioners, but non-members will need to pay an entry fee on arrival ($7.10 for full fee adults, and $4.20 for concession).
View our timetable for the night and read our frequently asked questions to ensure you get the most out of the night.
Please note, this event is for people aged 18 years and older.
Frequently asked questions
What is Pride Night and why are you hosting it?
Pride Night aligns with our strategic plan to ensure Yarra City Council is a place where inclusion, diversity and uniqueness are welcomed, respected and celebrated.
Yarra is committed to providing a safe and social environment where LGBTIQ+ community members can access health and fitness services.
Our Pride Night is one of many, as we join other local councils in a monthly rotation of hosting Pride Night’s for their local communities.
Who can attend Pride Night?
This event is for the LGBTIQ+ community and their allies (18 years and older).
Is this event suitable for children?
This event is for people aged 18 years and older.
How much is entry to the event?
Please register your interest online via Facebook. You will need to pay an entry fee when you arrive on the night:
- Members and City of Yarra age pensioners: Free
- Full fee: $7.10
- Concession fee: $4.20
What do the classes and services involve?
- Aqua class: Suitable for beginners to advanced. Uses water resistance for a cardio-strength workout without stress on your joints.
- Yoga class: Through a range of standing poses, forward and back bends and twists, we’ll focus on your flexibility, balance and relaxation. Suitable for beginner to advanced yoga enthusiasts.
- Learn to float classes: If you struggle to keep your head above water when you lift your feet off the bottom of the pool, these classes will give you a short and sweet introduction to floating. Our qualified instructors will teach you how to find your centre of gravity, and lift your feet off the ground with confidence.
- Inflatable pool obstacle course: An inflatable obstacle course in the 25m pool.
- Chill out zone: A place to sit-back and relax with others and have some food and refreshments.
- Photo wall: Head to our photo wall to take some fun snaps to take home with your friends and family.
- Aqua class: 7pm to 7.30pm in the 25m pool (lane 1 to 4)
- Yoga class: 8pm to 8.45pm in the Group Fitness studio.
- Learn to float class: 8pm to 8.15pm in the Learn to Swim pool
- Learn to float class: 8.15pm to 8.30pm in the Learn to Swim pool
- Gym: 6.30pm to 9.30pm
- 25m indoor pool: 6.30pm to 9.15pm
- Learn to Swim pool: 6.30pm to 9.15pm
- Spa and sauna: 6.30pm to 9.15pm
- Inflatable pool obstacle course: 7.45pm to 9pm in the 25m pool (lane 1 to 4)
- Chill out zone: 6.30pm to 9.15pm in the creche
- Coffee cart: 6.30pm to 8.30pm at the front entrance
- Photo wall: 6.30pm to 9.15pm in the foyer.
How do I book into a class?
You will not need to book in advance. Please ask reception for a ticket to the class you wish to participate in when you arrive.
What amenities will be available for this event?
All change rooms and toilet facilities will be all gender for the night. Amenities include 2 large change rooms, an accessible change room and 5 enclosed changing cubicles on pool deck.
We will have signage to indicate the amenities available within each change room. Please select the change room facility that most fits your needs.
What can I wear?
Whatever makes you feel comfortable. For safety reasons, we do ask that you follow our conditions of entry:
- Swimming Pool: Appropriate swimwear must be worn. If you would like to purchase swimwear, goggles or swimming caps, please see our staff at reception.
- Gym: Appropriate clothing is to be worn at all times. Jeans, work boots, thongs, sandals, slippers and open-toed shoes are not allowed.
Is this venue accessible?
To ensure everyone can access Collingwood Leisure Centre, we have:
- disability parking
- ramp access to the centre
- a pool hoist
- accessible change rooms with lift bed
Please speak to our staff if you require any assistance.
Who can I talk to for technique or safety advice during the night?
We will have a Duty Manager, customer service staff, health and fitness staff, swimming instructors and lifeguards available to you on the night.
Our staff have been trained by Transgender Victoria, Victoria's leading body for trans and gender diverse advocacy so that we are equipped with the skills to better support the needs of trans and gender diverse people.
Please ask any of them if you need any assistance or have any questions, they will be happy to help.
Will security be available throughout the event?
Security will be present wearing plain clothes throughout Collingwood Leisure Centre, car parks and surrounding areas. Should you feel unsafe at any time or have any concerns, please approach one of our friendly staff members who can promptly assist you.
We will not tolerate any anti-social behaviour. All Yarra Leisure members, visitors and staff must abide by our code of conduct.
Will the event be photographed?
We will have a female photographer and male videographer roaming the event to document the night. When you arrive at reception, we will ask you for your verbal consent if you’re happy to be in our shots.
Please be aware our videographer may approach you to get involved in a short interview about your experience at Pride Night. We will ask you to sign a release form for your participation.
What if I don’t want to be in the shots?
Please let us know at reception when you arrive if you don’t want to be in the shots so we can give you a wristband to indicate your preference.
Where will the footage be distributed?
Content captured on the night will be distributed on our social media channels, website and used in future promotional material and publications.
How do I get to Collingwood Leisure Centre?
The address is 2-28 Turnbull Street, Clifton Hill 3068. The facility is easily accessible via public transport and next to Darling Gardens on Turnbull St near the corner of Hoddle St.
To find public transport routes, visit Public Transport Victoria.
How do I find out more information?
For more information, call us on 9205 5522, or email us at email@example.com.
Location & Contacts
Collingwood Leisure Centre
Date and time:
6.30pm - 9.30pm
Sunday 18 August 2019
2-28 Turnbull St, Clifton Hill VIC 3068