Each year we conduct an extensive survey of households to gauge importance and satisfaction levels with a range of our services, to determine emerging issues and priorities.
The latest Annual Customer Satisfaction Survey (ACSS) was conducted over weekends in February and March of 2017. This year, over 1,050 households participated in the survey.
We commissioned Metropolis Research Pty Ltd to undertake this survey. We use the survey results to review service delivery to best meet the needs of the community.
Top performing services and most improved service areas
Our services with the highest satisfaction score (Figure 1) and services that were most improved in 2015 (Figure 2) are presented in the graphs below.
Scores are provided by survey respondents on a scale of 0 (low) to 10 (high) and averaged to provide reported results.
Figure 1: The top 5 performing services in 2017 according to Yarra households
Figure 2: The top 5 most improved service areas in 2017 according to Yarra households
Snapshot of results
Satisfaction with our services
• The average satisfaction with the 29 services and facilities is 7.9, similar to last year, and categorised as “excellent”.
• 18 of our services rated higher than 7.75, which is categorised as “excellent”, 6 were rated as “very good”, 3 were rated as “good” and two, parking enforcement and public toilets, were rated as “solid”.
Satisfaction with our performance
• Satisfaction with our overall performance in governance and leadership decreased slightly from 7.15 in 2015 to 6.97 in 2017.
• The result is notably higher than both the metropolitan Melbourne (6.40) and IMAP region (6.54) averages for 2017.
Top 5 issues for us in 2017
• Building, planning, housing and development (nominated by 22.5% of respondents)
• Car parking (nominated by 19.1% of respondents)
• Drug, alcohol and cigarettes (nominated by 13.1% of respondents)
• Traffic management (nominated by 13.0% of respondents)
• Parks, gardens and open space (nominated by 10.1% of respondents)
There were notable increases in the proportion of respondents identifying issues relating to Building, planning, housing and development (nominated by 15% in 2015) and Drug, alcohol and cigarettes (nominated by 7% in 2015).
Improvements observed by residents in last 2 years:
- Parks, gardens, and open space (observed by 14.1% of respondents)
- Road maintenance and repairs (observed by 6.5% of respondents)
- Street trees (observed by 6.0% of respondents)
Preferred improvements to the local area by residents:
- Parking (8.2%)
- Bike tracks, facilities and infrastructure (8.2%)
- Traffic management (7.6%)
- Parks, gardens and open space (7.6%)
- Building, housing, planning and development (5.1%)
How our customer service rated
Yarra households rated our customer service very positively at 7.80.
The result is notably higher than both the metropolitan Melbourne (7.43) and IMAP region (7.24) averages for 2017.
For more information call Yarra City Council on 9205 5555 or email email@example.com