Statutory declarations

Statutory declarations are important legal documents which must be signed before an ‘authorised witness’ such as a Justice of the Peace, pharmacist, police officer, lawyer, bank manager, medical practitioner or dentist.

If you require a statutory declaration you need to download and complete one of the forms listed below:

How do I find a Justice of the Peace?

You can call the Department of Justice’s ‘JP Register’ on 1300 365 567 (24 hour recorded service) or visit the Royal Victorian Association of Honorary Justices to use its free online search facility.