Personal care and body art businesses include:
- permanent or semi-permanent makeup (cosmetic tattooing)
- facial or body treatments
- manicure or pedicures
- application or mending of artificial nails
- epilation by electrolysis or wax
- ear-piercing and other skin penetration services
- colonic irrigation
You must register your personal care or body art business with us.
Complete a pre-application form to tell us about your proposed business. We'll get back to you and help you apply for the correct permits.
Please note: There is currently an issue with the updated versions of Chrome and Microsoft Edge (from 4 February 2020 release). Users with the updated version may experience timing out issues in relation to processing any type of request. Other browsers are not affected. Sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.
The Department of Health and Human Services has information on setting up and running a personal care and body art business.
Download design and fit out information specific to personal care and body art services.