Personal care and body art businesses include:
- permanent or semi-permanent makeup (cosmetic tattooing)
- facial or body treatments
- manicure or pedicures
- application or mending of artificial nails
- epilation by electrolysis or wax
- ear-piercing and other skin penetration services
- colonic irrigation
You must register your personal care or body art business with us.
Complete a pre-application request to tell us about your proposed business. We'll get back to you and help you apply for the correct permits.
The Department of Health and Human Services has information on setting up and running a personal care and body art business.
Download design and fit out information specific to personal care and body art services.