Victoria's snap lockdown: What you need to know
Thursday 15 July 2021
From 11.59pm tonight, all of Victoria (including the City of Yarra) will enter a five-day lockdown to respond to recent cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) in the community.
The snap lockdown was announced by the Victorian Government this morning.
There will be five reasons to leave home:
- Food and supplies.
- Authorised work.
- Care and caregiving.
- Exercise, for up to two hours and with one other person.
- Getting vaccinated.
During this time, you must:
- Stay within 5km of your home.
- Wear a mask when leaving your house – both indoors and outdoors.
- Private and public gatherings will not be permitted.
- There are to be no visitors to your home excluding intimate partners, and single bubbles
- Everyone must work from home if they can.
There are changes to our services
All Yarra Council customer service centres and facilities will be closed. These include:
- Collingwood Town Hall
- Richmond Town Hall
- Connie Benn Centre
- Bargoonga Nganjin North Fitzroy Library
- Yarra Libraries and,
- Yarra Leisure centres
Essential services, including waste and recycling collection, will continue as normal.
Childcare and kinder will remain open, but schools will need to close other than for the children of authorised workers and vulnerable kids.
Keep an eye on our service changes page for ongoing updates.
We’re here to help
If you prefer, use our online services to make a request or payment.