Victoria's snap lockdown extended
Tuesday 20 July 2021
Victoria, including the City of Yarra, will remain in lockdown for another week to respond to recent cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) in the community.
The extension was announced by the Premier this morning.
There are still only 5 reasons to leave home:
- Food and supplies.
- Authorised work.
- Care and caregiving.
- Exercise, for up to 2 hours and with 1 other person.
- Getting vaccinated.
The following restrictions remain in place for the next 7 days:
- Wear a mask when leaving your house – both indoors and outdoors.
- Practice social distancing wherever necessary.
- Work from home if you can.
- Private and public gatherings will not be permitted.
- There are to be no visitors to your home excluding intimate partners, and single bubbles
Impacts on our services:
All Yarra Council customer service centres and facilities will remain closed. These include:
- Collingwood Town Hall
- Richmond Town Hall
- Connie Benn Centre
- Bargoonga Nganjin North Fitzroy Library
- Yarra Libraries
- Yarra Leisure centres
Essential services, including waste and recycling collection, will continue as normal.
Childcare and kinder will still be open. Schools will remain closed for students excluding the children of authorised workers, vulnerable kids and children with special needs.
Keep an eye on our service changes page for ongoing updates.
We’re here to help
If you prefer, use our online services to make a request or payment.