Learn about our child safety policies and how to report child abuse.
If you believe a child or young person is in immediate danger, call 000 without delay.
Our safeguarding approach
Yarra City Council is a child safe organisation and has a zero tolerance for child abuse.
We believe that every child and young person has the right to be safe and feel safe.
To achieve our vision for a child safe Yarra, we know that we must all work together to ensure our children and young people are safe, happy and thrive.
We are proud of the many initiatives we have already implemented and will continue to review and improve how we embed child safety into our systems, practices and decision-making.
Learn more about some of the ways we do this:
- Child Safe Statement of Commitment (PDF, 874KB)
- Child Safe Policy (PDF, 260KB)
- Child Safe Code of Conduct (for Staff) (PDF, 136KB)
- Child Safe Code of Conduct (for Children and Young People) (PDF, 413KB)
- Child Safe Poster (PDF, 1MB)
Reporting child abuse
Find the information you need to make a disclosure or report your child safety concerns.