Jack Dyer Pavilion upgrade
Monday 05 August 2019
We’ve put together a plan to upgrade the Jack Dyer Pavilion at Citizens Park in Richmond.
The design includes new inclusive change rooms to help sporting clubs who use the park grow, upgraded community facilities and improved sustainability features.
Some key features of the new design include:
- Four accessible and gender inclusive change rooms to enable the sporting clubs to increase membership, including for women and girls' teams.
- Gender inclusive umpire change facilities.
- New first aid facilities.
- Upgraded ground floor kitchen and servery for sporting clubs.
- Improved sustainability features, including water-saving fittings on taps and showers, solar panels on the roof and water harvesting for toilets.
- A new community space with lift access, a new kitchen and audio visual equipment.
- More bike racks to promote sustainable transport in the community.
- The original pre-World War 2 red brick walls will be retained as part of the design.
- The new pavilion will have a larger footprint than the existing building.
This project has received $2 million in funding from the Victorian Government. Yarra Council will contribute $1 million to the upgrade.