We have an exciting new mode of active and sustainable transport in Yarra.
Yarra City Council has signed up to the Victorian Government electronic scooter (e-scooter) trial in partnership with City of Melbourne and City of Port Phillip. The City of Ballarat is also participating in the trial.
500 boldly-branded e-scooters have been distributed across the City of Yarra for use on bicycle lanes, bicycle paths, shared paths and roads.
E-scooters are an accessible, eco-friendly and cost-effective way to travel. E-scooters can be ridden within the boundary of the metro local government areas and will be contained by geofencing.
Lime and Neuron are your local e-scooter providers
We’ve signed agreements with Lime and Neuron to trial electronic scooter hire.
Select the links below for locations, bookings and instructions:
Basic e-scooter rules
- 20km/h speed limit will apply.
- e-scooter riders should behave the same way as bicycle riders and slow down to give way to pedestrians.
- there will be special ‘no go’ and ‘go slow’ zones where speed limits are restricted in high-traffic shared areas.
- e-scooters are not permitted on footpaths
- e-scooters are not permitted on roads where there is a speed limit above 50km/h.
- you must wear a helmet
- ride nicely and give people space
- travel at a safe speed for the environment
- be respectful to pedestrians and other path users
- ride to the conditions
- consider others when parking
- no passengers.
Report an issue
Lime and Neuron are responsible for all aspects of their operations. Any issues can be reported directly, 24 hours a day.