Most planning permits expire 2 years from the date of issue unless otherwise specified on the permit.
You can request to extend the life of your permit. A request must be made within 6 months of the commencement date and 12 months of the completion date.
How do I apply for an extension of time?
Step 1: Justification
Confirm whether the application is an for extension to:
- commencement date or
- completion date (photos and other documents required to demonstrate when works commenced and extent of works)
Explain the reasons for why works were not commenced/ completed in time, as well as:
- any previous extensions to the permit;
- any activity undertaken, or costs incurred to proceed with the permit; and
- whether there is any change to the surrounding area which would alter the consideration of the proposal.
Step 2: Submission
- Complete the Extension of Time Planning Permit request form (PDF)
- Submit your completed application form and cover letter (step 1) by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 3: Payment
We'll contact you to arrange payment after we receive your application. You can check the applicable fee amount by selecting the link below: