We have two locations where Yarra residents can dispose of their recycling.
Drop off centre
|Address|| 168 Roseneath Street, Clifton Hill
(35m east of the entrance to the main Yarra Council depot)
|440 Burnley Street, Burnley.|
(closed until further notice due to COVID restrictions)
Monday to Friday
View Christmas opening hours
|24 hours a day, 7 days a week|
|Who can use it?||
Yarra residents, with ID*
|Yarra residents, with ID*|
|What can be recycled?||Most things – see below||Paper and cardboard only|
* You will be asked for identification by the attendants at the recycling centre so please make sure that you have a copy of your rates notice or a driver's licence when attending the recycling centre.
What can I recycle at the Clifton Hill recycling centre?
You can recycle a lot of things at the drop-off centre that you can’t put into your yellow-lid recycling bin. These include:
- Batteries (household)
- Car batteries (household quantities only)
- Bike and tyres
- Cameras and photographic equipment
- Bike tyres and tubes
- Cardboard and paper (clean, dry and flattened)
- Computer waste (desktops, laptops, computer mice, monitors, printers, disk and CD drives and other computer parts)
- Electrical equipment (any electrical item with a cord)
- Gas bottles
- Light bulbs
- Metal and steel
- Mobile phones and accessories
- Oil and solvents (maximum 5 litres in containers with secured lids)
- Paint (maximum 5x20 litre containers with secured lids)
- Hard plastic (hard plastic that holds its shape)
- Soft plastics (a limited amount, clean and empty)
- Polystyrene (household quantities only)
- Printer and toner cartridges
- X-rays and film
Free mulch and paint for residents
Residents can get free mulch and paint from the Clifton Hill recycling drop-off centre.
The availability, amount and type will vary.
What about hard rubbish or green waste?
What about other materials?
If you have other materials that you wish to dispose of, you can go to a public transfer station. Yarra does not have a transfer station but there are waste transfer stations located outside of Yarra.