COVID-19 restrictions to ease further
Wednesday 16 June 2021
From 11.59pm on Thursday 17 June 2021, the COVID-19 restrictions across metropolitan Melbourne (including the City of Yarra) will ease further. These changes follow the Acting Premier's announcement today.
- The 25km travel limit from your home will be removed.
- Travel between metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria will resume.
- Up to 20 people can gather outdoors from any number of households. Infants under 12 months aren’t included in this cap.
- You can have up to 2 visitors to your home per day (plus dependants). Infants under 12 months aren’t included in this cap.
- Masks will no longer be required outdoors if you are able to keep 1.5 metre physical distancing.
- Masks will still be required indoors including shopping centres, supermarkets, department stores, workplaces and indoor markets.
- 50% return for offices or up to 20 people if total workplace is 40 or less.
- All employees are still encouraged to work from home if they can.
- Hospitality venues will be open for seated service only with a maximum patron cap of 150 per venue. They can also have no more than 75 patrons indoors.
Sport and recreation
- Community sport will be open for all ages. This will be for training and competition.
- Gyms will reopen.
- Weddings will be able to have up to 20 people attend.
- Funerals can be held with up to 75 mourners in attendance.
These changes may affect our services. Keep an eye on our service changes page for ongoing updates.
We’re here to help
If you prefer, use our online services to make a request or payment.
- COVID-19 updates and information – Department of Health
- Where to get tested – Department of Health
- Case alerts and public exposure sites – Department of Health
- Where to get the COVID-19 vaccine – Department of Health