COVID-19 circuit breaker lockdown: Restrictions easing from Friday 11 June 2021.
Wednesday 09 June 2021
From 11.59pm on Thursday 10 June 2021, COVID-19 restrictions will ease carefully across metropolitan Melbourne (including the City of Yarra).
Following the Acting Premier's announcement today, the five reasons to leave home have been lifted.
The travel limit from your home will go from 10km to 25km. The only reasons to go beyond this are for:
- caregiving or receiving care
- getting the COVID-19 vaccine
Travel to regional Victoria is not allowed for individuals from metropolitan Melbourne.
- Up to 10 people can gather outdoors from any number of households (infants under 12 months aren’t included in this cap).
- There can still be no visitors to your home excluding intimate partners, and single person bubbles for those living alone.
- Schools will be able to resume face-to-face learning for all students from Friday 11 June.
- Masks will still be required outdoors and indoors excluding your home unless you have an exemption.
- Please carry a mask with you at all times.
- 25% return for offices or up to 10 people if total workplace is 40 or less
- QR code check-in will be compulsory for all businesses.
- All employees are still encouraged to work from home if they can.
- Cafes, restaurants and pubs will open with strict safety measures like density limits, seated service and QR codes in place.
- Remaining retail will also open with density limits and QR code check in.
- Hairdressing, beauty and personal care can resume, but only for services where masks can be kept on.
- Swimming pools, entertainment venues and community facilities will reopen subject to density limits.
Sport and recreation
- Community sport will be allowed but only for training.
- Gyms will remain closed
These changes may affect our services. Keep an eye on our service changes page for ongoing updates.
We're here to help
If you prefer, use our online services to make a request or payment.