Victoria's circuit breaker lockdown extended
Wednesday 02 June 2021
Victoria, including the City of Yarra, will remain in lockdown for another week to respond to recent cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) in the community.
The extension was announced by the Acting Premier this afternoon.
There are still only five reasons to leave home:
- Food and supplies.
- Authorised work.
- Care and caregiving.
- Exercise, for up to two hours and with one other person.
- Getting vaccinated.
The following restrictions remain in place for the next 7 days:
- Wear a mask when leaving your house – both indoors and outdoors.
- Practice social distancing wherever necessary.
- Work from home if you can.
- Private and public gatherings will not be permitted.
- There are to be no visitors to your home excluding intimate partners, and single bubbles.
What has changed:
- People will be able to travel up to 10km from their home for exercise and shopping.
Impacts on our services:
All Yarra Council customer service centres and facilities will remain closed. These include:
- Collingwood Town Hall
- Richmond Town Hall
- Connie Benn Centre
- Bargoonga Nganjin North Fitzroy Library
- Yarra Libraries and,
- Yarra Leisure centres
Essential services, including waste and recycling collection, will continue as normal.
Childcare and kinder will still be open. Schools will remain closed than for the children of authorised workers and vulnerable kids.
Year 11 and 12 students will return to face-to-face learning. Students doing a Unit 3/4 VCE or VCAL unit will also be able to attend school in person for that subject only.
Keep an eye on our service changes page for ongoing updates.
We're here to help
If you prefer, use our online services to make a request or payment.
- COVID-19 updates and information – Department of Health
- Where to get tested – Department of Health
- Case alerts and public exposure sites – Department of Health