Yarra moves to Last Step Towards COVID Normal
Monday 23 November 2020
Yarra, along with the rest of metropolitan Melbourne, moved to the Last Step Towards COVID Normal from 11.59pm Sunday 22 November 2020.
The rundown on restrictions
Changes to how we live
- You can now have 15 visitors to your home per day. This can be split across different times, as long as the total for the day is 15 people.
- Outdoor gatherings have increased to 50 people.
- Weddings have increased to 150 people.
- Funerals and religious ceremonies have increased to 150 people indoors.
- Contact and non-contact sports can begin for adults and children. A total of 150 people can now participate indoors (with a group size of up to 20 people), and 500 people outdoors (with groups of up to 50 people).
- Masks are no longer mandatory if you're outdoors and a safe distance can be kept.
- You will still need to carry a mask at all times if you're in a situation where you need to wear it – for example where you're outdoors, but unable to keep 1.5 metres from other people.
- You still need to wear a mask when indoors and on public transport.
Changes to how we work
- If you can work from home, you must work from home.
- For smaller hospitality venues, the density limit is now one person for every two square metres – up to 50 people indoors. QR code record keeping is mandatory.
- For bigger hospitality venues, the density limit will stay the same, but the cap has increased to 150 people indoors. Total venue capacity (indoor and outdoor) is now 300 people.
- Cinemas, galleries and museums can host up to 150 people indoors.
For more details on these changes visit DHHS – Victoria's restriction levels.
What’s changing at Yarra?
- We are currently working through the changes to our programs and services. Visit Road to Reopen for up-to-date information.
There may be changes to more services. We will update our website as we know more.
We’re here for you
For support, updates on our services or information in your language, visit the Coronavirus Hub or call us on 03 9205 5555.