Tuesday 12 July 2022
Council meetings are public forums where Councillors come together to meet as a Council and make decisions about important, strategic and other matters.
Council meetings are decision-making forums and only Councillors have a formal role. However, Council is committed to ensuring that any person whose rights will be directly affected by a decision of Council is entitled to communicate their views and have their interests considered before the decision is made. You can participate in the meeting either during Public Question Time or by making a submission in relation to an item to be considered at the meeting.
Watching the meeting
You are welcome to attend the meeting, or you can watch the webcast online using the link below.
Asking a question
This meeting will include Public Question Time, and you are able to ask up to two questions about any Council matter that is not already included in the meeting agenda. Registrations for the meeting have now closed. You can still attend and ask a question, but we may not be able to provide an answer at the meeting and will have to contact you afterward.
At the meeting, when you are invited by the Mayor to ask your question, please come forward to the microphone, state your name clearly for the record and:
- speak for a maximum of five minutes;
- direct your question to the Mayor;
- refrain from making statements or engaging in debate
- don’t raise operational matters which have not previously been raised with the Council administration;
- don't ask questions about matter listed on the agenda for the current meeting;
- refrain from repeating questions that have been previously asked; and
- if asking a question on behalf of a group, explain the nature of the group and how you are able to speak on their behalf.
Once you have asked your question, please remain silent unless called upon by the Mayor to make further comment or to clarify any aspects.
Making a submission
If you wish to make a verbal submission in relation to an item being considered at the meeting, you must be in attendance at the meeting. Registrations for this meeting have now closed. You can still come along and make submission, but we will ask you to wait until all the people who have registered have first had an opportunity to speak
At the meeting, when you are invited by the Mayor to make your submission, please come forward to the microphone, state your name clearly for the record and:
- Speak for a maximum of five minutes;
- direct your submission to the Mayor;
- confine your submission to the subject under consideration;
- avoid repetition and restating previous submitters;
- refrain from asking questions or seeking comments from the Councillors or other submitters;
- if speaking on behalf of a group, explain the nature of the group and how you are able to speak on their behalf.
Following your submission, Councillors will have an opportunity to ask you questions. You can decide whether or not you wish to take these questions.
The agenda for this meeting is available below.
Note that Item 8.2 has been withdrawn from the agenda
- Agenda of the Council Meeting on Tuesday 12 July 2022 (477.98KB / PDF )
- Item 8_1 Attachment 1 Yarra Transport Strategy draft for adoption (3.3MB / PDF )
- Item 8_1 Attachment 2 Consultation report (3.37MB / PDF )
- Item 8_1 Attachment 3 List of changes in response to exhibiton feedback (103.89KB / PDF )
- Item 8_3 Attachment 2 Environment Advisory Committee TOR 2020 (143.62KB / PDF )
- Item 8_4 Attachment 1 Title Plan (83.33KB / PDF )
- Item 8_4 Attachment 2 Site Plan (54.93KB / PDF )
- Item 8_4 Attachment 3 Title Search (213.53KB / PDF )
- Item 8_4 Attachment 4 Public Notice (39.85KB / PDF )
- Item 8_5 Attachment 1 Draft Civic Flag Policy (513.94KB / PDF )
- Item 8_6 Attachment 1 Planning Enforcement Officer (101.25KB / PDF )
- Item 9_1 Attachment 1 Delegates Report ICLEI World Congress (594.5KB / PDF )
- Item 9_1 Attachment 2 The Malmo Commitment (484.51KB / PDF )
- Item 9_1 Attachment 3 Edinburgh Declaration (602.66KB / PDF )
Richmond Town Hall
Date and time:
Tuesday 12 July 2022
333 Bridge Road Richmond