Tuesday 31 May 2022
Council meetings are public forums where Councillors come together to meet as a Council and make decisions about important, strategic and other matters.
Council meetings are decision-making forums and only Councillors have a formal role. However, Council is committed to ensuring that any person whose rights will be directly affected by a decision of Council is entitled to communicate their views and have their interests considered before the decision is made. You can participate in the meeting either during Public Question Time or by making a submission in relation to an item to be considered at the meeting.
Watching the meeting
You are welcome to attend the meeting, or you can watch the webcast online using the link below.
Click here to watch the meeting webcast
Asking a question
This meeting will include Public Question Time, and you are able to ask up to two questions about any Council matter that is not already included in the meeting agenda. Registrations for this meeting have closed and while you can still attend and ask a question, we may not be able to provide an answer at the meeting and will have to contact you afterward.
At the meeting, when you are invited by the Mayor to ask your question, please come forward to the microphone, state your name clearly for the record and:
- speak for a maximum of five minutes;
- direct your question to the Mayor;
- refrain from making statements or engaging in debate
- don’t raise operational matters which have not previously been raised with the Council administration;
- don't ask questions about matter listed on the agenda for the current meeting;
- refrain from repeating questions that have been previously asked; and
- if asking a question on behalf of a group, explain the nature of the group and how you are able to speak on their behalf.
Once you have asked your question, please remain silent unless called upon by the Mayor to make further comment or to clarify any aspects.
Making a submission
If you wish to make a verbal submission in relation to an item being considered at the meeting, you must be in attendance at the meeting. Registrations for this meeting have now closed, but you can still come along and make submission (we will ask you to wait until all the people who have registered have first had an opportunity to speak).
At the meeting, when you are invited by the Mayor to make your submission, please come forward to the microphone, state your name clearly for the record and:
- Speak for a maximum of five minutes;
- direct your submission to the Mayor;
- confine your submission to the subject under consideration;
- avoid repetition and restating previous submitters;
- refrain from asking questions or seeking comments from the Councillors or other submitters;
- if speaking on behalf of a group, explain the nature of the group and how you are able to speak on their behalf.
Following your submission, Councillors will have an opportunity to ask you questions. You can decide whether or not you wish to take these questions.
The agenda for this meeting is available below.
Note: Following the receipt of preliminary legal advice, the officer's recommendation for Item 8.8 (Governance Rules Review) has been changed. The revised recommendation is available to download below.
- Agenda for the Council Meeting on Tuesday 31 May 2022 (723.1KB / PDF )
- Governance Rules Review Revised recomendation (20.73KB / PDF )
- Item 8_1 Attachment 1 BSOP Revised Design (19.74MB / PDF )
- Item 8_1 Attachment 2 BSOP Revised Design Consultation Overview (325.41KB / PDF )
- Item 8_2 Attachment 1 Save the Children Australia Cubbies Program Logic (109.93KB / PDF )
- Item 8_2 Attachment 2 Summary of Performance Against Agreed Targets for Cubbies (108.01KB / PDF )
- Item 8_3 Attachment 1 Draft Yarra Moves Physical Activity Action Plan 2022 2024 (867.57KB / PDF )
- Item 8_3 Attachment 2 Community Engagement Report Yarra Moves Physical Activity Action Plan (378.72KB / PDF )
- Item 8_5 Attachment 1 Previous Council Resolutions and Milestones (112.69KB / PDF )
- Item 8_5 Attachment 2 Policy Analysis (27.66KB / PDF )
- Item 8_5 Attachment 3 Yarra C306yara Schedule to Clause 72 08 Authorisation (202.05KB / PDF )
- Item 8_5 Attachment 4 Yarra C306yara Schedule to Clause 53 01 Public Open Space Contribution (71.59KB / PDF )
- Item 8_5 Attachment 5 Yarra C286yara 22 12 authorisation (156.38KB / PDF )
- Item 8_5 Attachment 6 Yarra C306yara Explanatory Report Exhibition (193.66KB / PDF )
- Item 8_6 Attachment 1 Finance Report March 2022 (898.23KB / PDF )
- Item 8_6 Attachment 2 Capital Adjustments March 2022 (230.19KB / PDF )
- Item 8_7 Attachment 1 Annual Plan 2021 2022 Progress Report March (706.63KB / PDF )
- Item 8_8 Attachment 1 Governance Rules Review 2022 Directions Papers (683.86KB / PDF )
Richmond Town Hall
Date and time:
Tuesday 31 May 2022
333 Bridge Road Richmond