Tuesday 20 April 2021
Council meetings are public forums where Councillors come together to meet as a Council and make decisions about important, strategic and other matters.
Council meetings are decision-making forums and only Councillors have a formal role. However, Council is committed to ensuring that any person whose rights will be directly affected by a decision of Council is entitled to communicate their views and have their interests considered before the decision is made. You can participate in the meeting either during Public Question Time or by making a submission in relation to an item to be considered at the meeting.
Watching the meeting online
Due to the ongoing risks associated with COVID-19, if you want to observe the meeting, you are strongly encouraged to watch online at our meeting livestream website
Attending the meeting (COVIDsafe)
If you do want to attend the meeting, you agree that:
- you will not attend if you are experiencing fever, runny nose, sore throat, cough, chills, shortness of breath or loss of smell or taste;
- you will check in on arrival using the Service Victoria QR code app; and
- you will follow directions from Council staff regarding seating and social distancing arrangements.
By participating in the meeting, you also agree to your participation being live streamed as well as recorded and published to our website (your voice will be heard, but you will not be captured in the video feed).
Asking a question
This meeting will include Public Question Time, and you are able to come along and up to two questions about any Council matter that is not already included in the meeting agenda. In order to help us make sure you receive an answer at the meeting, we ask that you submit your question at least 24 hours before the meeting using our Public Question Time form. Questions registered in advance will be answered first. If you have two questions, submit two forms.
If you miss this deadline, you can still come along and ask a question, but we may need to take it on notice and contact you later with an answer, rather than answer it at the meeting.
At the meeting, when you are invited by the Mayor to ask your question, please come forward to the microphone, state your name clearly for the record and:
- speak for a maximum of five minutes;
- direct your question to the Mayor;
- refrain from making statements or engaging in debate
- don’t raise operational matters which have not previously been raised with the Council administration;
- don't ask questions about matter listed on the agenda for the current meeting;
- refrain from repeating questions that have been previously asked; and
- if asking a question on behalf of a group, explain the nature of the group and how you are able to speak on their behalf.
Once you have asked your question, please remain silent unless called upon by the Mayor to make further comment or to clarify any aspects.
Making a submission
If you wish to make a verbal submission in relation to an item being considered at the meeting, you do not need to register in advance, you can simply come along and raise your hand when the Mayor asks if anyone would like to make a submission.
When that time comes, please come forward to the microphone, state your name clearly for the record and:
- Speak for a maximum of five minutes;
- direct your submission to the Mayor;
- confine your submission to the subject under consideration;
- avoid repetition and restating previous submitters;
- refrain from asking questions or seeking comments from the Councillors or other submitters;
- if speaking on behalf of a group, explain the nature of the group and how you are able to speak on their behalf.
Following your submission, Councillors will have an opportunity to ask you questions. You can decide whether or not you wish to take these questions.
A copy of the agenda for the meeting is available below.
- Agenda of the Council Meeting on Tuesday 20 April 2021 (2.71MB / PDF )
- Item 8_1 Attachment 1 Draft Annual Budget 2021 2022 (4.06MB / PDF )
- Item 8_1 Attachment 2 Draft Revenue and Rating Plan 2021 2022 (588.77KB / PDF )
- Item 8_2 Attachment 1 Schedule 28 to the Design and Development Overlay (506.51KB / PDF )
- Item 8_2 Attachment 2 Adopted Swan Street Framework Plan at clause 2112 (222.94KB / PDF )
- Item 8_2 Attachment 3 493 497 Swan Street Richmond Built Form Review (4.48MB / PDF )
- Item 8_2 Attachment 4 493 497 Swan Street Heritage Analysis and Built Form Review (2.18MB / PDF )
- Item 8_3 Attachment 1 Amendment C291yara Bridge Road Analysis and Recommendations (39.18MB / PDF )
- Item 8_3 Attachment 2 Amendment C291yara GJM Bridge Road Heritage Review (4.17MB / PDF )
- Item 8_3 Attachment 3 Amendment C291yara GJM Victoria Street Heritage Review (3.29MB / PDF )
- Item 8_3 Attachment 4 Amendment C291yara Traffix Victoria St and Bridge Road (10.75MB / PDF )
- Item 8_3 Attachment 5 Amendment C291yara DDO41 50 Clauses 2111 2112 (6.2MB / PDF )
- Item 8_3 Attachment 6 Proposed Amendment C291yara (2.34MB / PDF )
- Item 8_3 Attachment 7 Amendment C291yara Proposed built form provisions (3.45MB / PDF )
- Item 8_5 Attachment 1 Road Management Plan Review Report 2021 (169.23KB / PDF )
- Item 8_5 Attachment 2 Draft Road Management Plan 2021 (748.48KB / PDF )
- Item 8_6 Attachment 1 Examples of Public Roads on Register (782.51KB / PDF )
- Item 8_6 Attachment 2 Register of Public Roads 30 May 2018 (1.67MB / PDF )
- Item 8_6 Attachment 3 Updated Register of Public Roads April 2021 (1.6MB / PDF )
- Item 8_6 Attachment 4 Assessment of retaining or removing the public road status of obstructed roads (88.45KB / PDF )
Richmond Town Hall
Date and time:
Tuesday 20 April 2021
333 Bridge Road Richmond