Pensioner rebates

You are eligible for a $178.50 rebate on your rates for your principal place of residence if you hold a:

  • Pensioner Concession Card — issued by Centrelink or Department of Veterans’ Affairs
  • Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card — War Widow (WW)
  • Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card — Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI).

Eligible card holders will also receive the State Government rebate of $223.30 and a Fire Services Levy rebate of $50.

People who receive unemployment benefits or holders of health care cards do not qualify for the rebate.

How to apply for a pensioner rebate

To apply you need to follow these steps:

Step 1: Download and complete the municipal rates concession application form or go to the Department of Human Services website.

Step 2: Submit the completed form to us via any of the following: