For the 2020/21 financial year we are providing eligible pension card holders with an additional $190.90 concession. This is in addition to the concession (for 2020/21, which all Victorian councils provide.
You are eligible for a $190.90 rebate on your rates for your principal place of residence if you hold a:
- Pensioner Concession Card — issued by Centrelink or Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card — War Widow (WW)
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card — Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI).
In addition, the Municipal rates concession provides a 50% discount off your Council rates up to a maximum of $241 plus an additional $50.00 concession that is set-off against your fire service levy charges.
People who receive unemployment benefits, Youth Allowance or hold a health care card can only apply for the rebate if they also hold a pensioner concession card.
How to apply for a pensioner rebate
To apply you need to follow these steps:
Step 2: Submit the completed form to us via any of the following:
- Upload the form online
- Mail: Yarra City Council, PO Box 168 Richmond VIC 3121
- In person at a Yarra City Council customer service centre