Tradesperson parking permits are available to Yarra residents who are undertaking minor works at their property.
Who can apply for a tradesperson permit?
You can apply for a tradesperson permit if you are:
- A property owner or resident undertaking minor works at a property in Yarra (commercial properties are not eligible).
- A tradesperson undertaking minor works at a property in Yarra (must provide works contract or letter from owner).
Tradesperson permits are for minor works only. If you are undertaking major works that require a Building or Planning Permit then you will not be eligible.
How many permits can I apply for?
A maximum of 3 tradesperson parking permits will be issued within a 12 month period.
Tradesperson parking permits are valid for up to 1 month only.
The 12 month period is measured from the start date of your first permit.
How long are tradesperson parking permits valid for?
If the works are likely to take longer, then you will need to apply for a work zone permit.
What documents do I need to apply?
Depending on who is applying, you must provide one of the following documents with your application:
|Property owner||Rates Notice.|
|Property manager||Letter or Document that shows authority for you to act on the owner’s behalf.|
|Tradesperson||Works contract that has been signed by the owner/property manager.|
You are now ready to apply
You must read the below disclaimer before applying online.
By applying online and submitting your application you are agreeing with the following statement:
- I have read and agree with the Parking Permit Policy 2014.
- A Tradesperson Permit application does not cover any vehicle until the permit is received and physically displayed in a vehicle.
Tradesperson permits can take up to 7 days to process and 14 days to receive by post.
If you require the permit immediately, please submit an application at a Customer Service Centre.
- You must bring with you a completed and signed Tradesperson Parking Permit application form and all relevant documents when you apply.
How much does it cost?
Tradesperson parking permits are free.
Where can the tradesperson park?
The permit allows the tradesperson to park their vehicle in the street specified on the permit and 2 surrounding streets.
The tradesperson must obey all parking restrictions and prohibitions
If you have any further queries you can:
- Read our Parking permit policy.
- Complete a customer request form.
- Call us on 03 9205 5555.