You need a footpath trading permit (public space licence) to place items on the footpath outside your business, including:
- tables, chairs and umbrellas
- an advertising sign
- display goods
- planter boxes, screens or promotional items.
Apply now to use the footpath space in front of your own property
Extend your outdoor dining
As we move towards the Third Step of the Victorian Government’s roadmap to reopening and eased COVID-19 restrictions, we have developed a new application process for hospitality businesses in Yarra to expand their outdoor dining space.
This could include
- using the footpath space in front of your own property
- using the footpath space in front of neighbouring properties
- using the on-street car parking bay(s) directly outside your business
- closing laneways and side streets
- using council-owned outdoor land (such as parks or gardens)
- using outdoor private property (such as a carpark on your property)
Apply now for extra outdoor dining space
Find out all you need to know before submitting your application.
How do I update my existing footpath trading permit details?
Let us know if anything has changed at the business: (for example; contact details, business has closed down, transferred ownership).
Send us a copy of your public liability (certificate of currency)