Footpath trading permit

 streetscape in Yarra with multiple people using outdoor dining spaces including parklets

What is a footpath trading permit?

You need a footpath trading permit (also known as a public space licence) to place items on the footpath outside your business, examples of the items allowed are:

  • tables, chairs, bench seats, heaters and umbrellas
  • advertising signs
  • display of goods
  • planter boxes, screens/barriers or promotional items

Our Footpath Trading Policy aims to ensure that safe and accessible pathways are provided for everyone in the community to use.