When do I need a permit?
If you are constructing a permanent vehicle crossing on Council land you need a permit.
How do I apply?
To help improve our service, please click here to send us feedback on using the online portal. It will only take a few minutes.
- Download the application form. Fill it out and save it to your hard drive to upload when submitting your application. You can only upload PDF, JPEG, JPG documents.
- Read our permit user guide to help with submitting an online application, creating a new login and resetting your password.
- Click here to submit your application online for a single residential property or one unit.
- Click here to submit your application online for a commercial/industrial property or two or more units.
- You will receive an application number immediately and it will be sent directly to the permits team for processing.
- You will be notified once an assessment has been completed.
- If your works involve closing any of our roads, you will need to provide 7 days written notification to surrounding residents. A template to assist with this can be found here. All letters must be stamped approved by Council prior to distribution. Permits will not be activated if the letter has not been approved.
There is 2 options to satisfy the requirement for the notification letter:
- Distribute a letter 7 days prior to works; or
- Distribute a monthly notification letter, followed by a notification letter 2 days prior to works.
How long will my application take to process?
When all required documentation has been supplied and is satisfactory, you can expect to have your permit generally within 10 business days.
What do I need to know about permanent vehicle crossings?
- Properties with a heritage overlay will require a planning permit.
- If a street tree needs to be relocated, Council's arborist will need to approve this and you will be liable for costs for replacement and removal of any trees.
Will my crossover be inspected?
Yes, we will inspect your crossover at the following stages:
- After your application has been submitted to assess your proposal. We may request further information at this stage.
- During construction including excavation, boxing and pouring.
It is your responsibility to make arrangements for us to inspect by calling us on 9205 5555. You must notify Council 48 hours before works start.
Are there any guidelines on how my vehicle crossing must be constructed?
Yes, vehicle crossings must be constructed in accordance with our standard drawings and to the satisfaction of our officers.
The following standards will assist you:
How much does it cost?
- Permit fee - including weekday inspections
- Single residential property or one unit: $460.35
- Commercial/industrial property or two or more units: $680.10
If an inspection is required to be undertaken out of working hours, an inspection rate of $460.35 applies.