Applications for the Youth-Led Grants 2021/2022 are now open.
These grants provide an opportunity for a young person or group of young people aged 16-25 who live, work, study or have a strong connection to Yarra, to apply for a grant of up to $3,000 to plan, drive and deliver a project or event by young people for young people within Yarra.
The grant round is now open and closes on 31 May 2022 (or when the funding pool has been expended).
Particular consideration will be given to initiatives that provide opportunities for young people to:
- connect with or learn from, their peers, family and community
- showcase their talents, identity, and culture
- get involved and have a say in matters affecting them locally
- learn about and address emerging themes for young people (such as health, safety, bullying, discrimination, and environmental awareness and sustainability)
- get involved in inter-generational activities and opportunities.
Maximum grant: $3,000. There is a total funding pool of $32,000 in 2021/22.
Applications in the Youth Services Category from young people aged 16-17 years must be for projects based in an education setting.
These projects must be driven by young people but supported by an education organisation/school.
All applicants will need to be auspiced and mentored by an incorporated not-for-profit organisation or school. Projects will need to be completed by the end of 2022, and final report and acquittal submitted by end-February 2023.
These grants will be assessed by Council officers. Priority will be given to projects, activities or events that support the key priorities in Council’s 0 – 25 Years.
How do I apply?
Interested applicants are encouraged to contact Rupert North on 9426 1455 or at Rupert.North@yarracity.vic.gov.au to get planning advice, application support or help finding an auspice organisation.