Applications for 2023/24 are now open.
Young people in Yarra can apply for a Youth-Led Grant of up to $3,000 from a total funding pool of $32,000 allocated for 2023/24.
Youth-Led Grants are for Yarra-based projects or events delivered by young people for young people.
Here are some examples of last year’s projects.
You can apply individually or as part of a group. To be eligible, you must:
- be aged 16 to 25 years
- live, work, study or have a strong connection to the City of Yarra.
Applications opened on 1 August 2023 and close in May 2024 or once the available funding has been fully allocated.
Read the Youth-Led Grant Guidelines.
- All applicants need to be sponsored and mentored by an incorporated not-for-profit organisation or school.
- Projects will need to be completed by 31 December 2024.
- The final report and acquittal for the project within two months of the projects completion.
- All applications from young people aged 16-17 years must have parental consent.
Applications will be assessed by Council officers and priority will be given to projects, activities or events that can support the key priorities in our 0 – 25 Years Plan.
How do I apply?
Interested applicants are encouraged to contact Idil Ali, Youth Participation & Advocacy Officer on 9426 1455 or at [email protected] for planning advice, application support or help finding a sponsor organisation.