Sharpen your skills by joining Yarra's free community training program. Different sessions are run throughout the year to support these not-for profit and community organisations in Yarra, to help them run as effectively as possible.
This is a great opportunity for people involved in local community organisations to seek advice and information about how to apply for grants, managing relationships, governance, financial management, and media strategies.
The program is aimed at community leaders, managers, coordinators, members of management committees or people considering joining management committees of not-for profit community organisations.
You can attend one session or come to them all.
Sessions are held from 6pm to 8.45pm at Richmond Town Hall.
Upcoming sessions include:
- It's all about crowdfunding - Thursday, 14 September, 2017
- Marketing for non-profit organisations - Tuesday, 3 October, 2017
- Preparing a funding plan - Monday, 30 October, 2017
- Running a successful AGM - Thursday 8 February, 2018
- Successful partnering - Tuesday, 1 March, 2018
- Building community with social media - Wednesday, 18 April, 2018
- Grant writing - Wednesday 16 May, 2018
An additional grant writing session will also be held in the morning of 8 May, 2018 from 9.30am to 12.15pm, at Collingwood Town Hall.
For more information on these sessions click on the links above.
Got a question?
If you have a question about the community training program, you can ask us online, or call us on 9205 5170 or 9205 5146.