We are committed to:
- supporting people with disability to live full and active lives
- ensuring that Yarra is an inclusive and accessible community and is a place where everyone can live well
We have recently launched our Access and Inclusion Plan 2018-2024. The strategy will guide our work over the next six years to empower people living with disability (including their families and carers) to live well in Yarra.
The plan was developed in consultation with the community, Yarra staff and our Disability Advisory Committee.
- Improve accessibility to infrastructure, facilities and amenities
- Promote and encourage mainstream participation, representation and community leadership.
- Support employment and career development opportunities.
- Create welcoming and inclusive practices and culture.
The strategy will be underpinned by three Action plans that each span two years. This allows for some agility in how we respond to the strategy's key themes in a shifting service delivery environment.
There are a number of accessible versions of the strategy available, including:
- Easy English
- Large Print
To request a hard-copy of the document in any of the alternative versions please contact Yarra City Council on 9205 5555 and ask for our Access and Inclusion Officer.