Business parking permits are only issued to commercial properties in Yarra with no off-street parking.
Before applying, please download and review our Parking Permit information guide.
Who can apply for a business parking permit?
To be eligible you must be:
- A business operating from an eligible commercial property in Yarra.
- Have no off-street parking. This includes properties that have reduced any off-street parking, for example, using the car space for another purpose such as storage.
- Typically, if the property has a driveway access point (in use or not in use) then the property will not be eligible for business parking permits.
How many permits can I apply for?
The number of permits issued to your business is determined by the length of the street frontage.
An inspection may be carried out by a parking officer to determine the length of your street frontage.
Businesses are not eligible for the following permits:
- Visitor parking permits.
- For vehicles more than 4.5 tonnes in gross weight.
- For vehicles 7.5 metres or more in length.
What documents do I need to apply?
You must provide the following documents, along with your application, when you apply for a business parking permit:
- Proof of business.
- Proof of business occupancy at property.
- Proof of vehicle ownership.
Proof of business
You must provide your Business Certificate when you apply.
Proof of business occupancy at property
You must provide one of the following documents with your application:
- Current commercial lease (must be signed and in business name).
- Rates notice (must be in business name).
- Recent utility invoice (issued in last 3 months, must be in business name).
If you do not attach proof of occupancy with your application we will not be able to issue you with a parking permit.
Proof of vehicle ownership
You must provide one of the following documents with your application (choose from the list that best applies to your circumstances).
|Vehicle is registered in your name||
|You are the primary driver - vehicle not registered in your name.
|Vehicle is registered in a company name.||
*If you do not attach proof of vehicle ownership with your application we will not be able to issue you with a parking permit.
You are now ready to apply online.