Business parking permits are only issued to properties with no off-street parking. The number of permits issued to your business is determined by the length of the street frontage.
Businesses are not eligible for the following permits:
- visitor permits
- for vehicles more than 4.5 tonnes in gross weight
- for vehicles 7.5 metres or more in length
Business parking permits fees
- 1st permit - for first 10 metres of street frontage or if in a retail zone, for first 5 metres of street frontage $134
- 2nd permit - based on additional 10 metre increments of street frontage $248
- additional permits - based on additional 10 metre increments of street frontage $248
All parking permit fees are GST free from 1 July 2019. Fees are not refundable.
Prior to applying for a business parking permit
In many cases our officers will have already assessed whether or not your property is eligible for a business parking permit.
Before filling in an application form, check if you are eligible for permits by contacting us on 9205 5555 or complete a customer request form.
How do I apply for a business parking permit?
You need to do the following:
Step 1: Download, and read the Parking Permit information and complete the Parking Permit Form
Step 2: Submit the completed form for assessment and approval, once approved you will be notified of the fee due and informed of your payment options either via:
- Mail: to Yarra City Council, PO Box 168 Richmond VIC 3121 with a cheque or money order made out to Yarra City Council.
- In person at a Yarra City Council contact centre. We accept payments in cash or by EFTPOS or credit card (Visa and Mastercard).
When applying for a business permit, you will need to present or provide copies of your business registration details.
Approval of applications
When your business parking permit has been approved and payment has been received your parking permit sticker will be mailed to you.
How do I renew my business parking permit?
Our parking permits are valid for 12 months. Before your permit expires, we will post you a renewal notice.
To renew your parking permit you need to do the following:
Step 1: Complete the Parking Permit Renewal Notice
Step 2: Submit the completed form by mail using the prepaid envelope and pay the fee via:
- Phone: 1300 792 772 using your credit card
- Mail: using prepaid envelope, enclosing a cheque or money order made out to Yarra City Council
- In person at a Yarra City Council contact centre
Payments prior to the permit expiry date
You can pay online or over the phone provided you pay prior to the expiry date of the permit.
What if my details have changed?
You need to do the following:
Step 1: Complete the Parking Permit Renewal Notice and the change of details section
Step 2: Submit the completed form and pay the fee via:
- mail: using prepaid envelope, enclosing a cheque or money order made out to Yarra City Council
- in person at a Yarra City Council contact centre
For more information call Yarra City Council on 9205 5555 or complete a customer request form.