Resolutions and other motions from Council Meeting on Tuesday 14 November 2023
Thursday 16 November 2023
At Tuesday night’s Council Meeting, Council endorsed:
- The expansion of the 30 km/hr speed limit trial to all streets in Fitzroy and Collingwood, excluding Johnston Street, subject to State Government approval and funding.
- The Annual Grants 2024 budget of 123 grants totalling $1,155,044. An event in March 2024 during Cultural Diversity Week will celebrate grant recipients.
- The Gertrude and Brunswick Streets Public Space Project to be taken to community consultation from mid-November 2023.
- The draft Street Garden Guidelines to be taken to community consultation in November/December 2023.
- The 2023 Advocacy Action Plan.
- A series of transparency measures for Council meetings and Councillor Workshops.
Council heard the following reports:
- Governance Report - November 2023
- Quarterly Report for Q1 2023-24
Other agenda items and more details about the above items can be viewed in the Council Meeting minutes, available online from Friday 17 November.